Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had plans to take today off and fish the rockfish opener. Those plans changed when I got notice my deceased fishing buddy was excepted into a veterans cemetery. Its been exactly one year since his passing. He was 90 years old and a Korea veteran.
Thanks to his “pos” daughter who provided no assistance for his care and left his ashes at the Funeral home. Long of the short, I became his estate representative. It’s been a long journey but today is his day to be honored. If wouldn't mind please send a prayer in his honor along with our past veterans.

Thank you.

·
Registered
15,232 Posts
I know how much you cared about Wally and spent a long time fishing with him. Wally got me a nice Walleye on my first cast the first time fishing on your favorite lake. Thank you for taking care of him to the end and being there for his final resting. Prayers for Wally and RIP........Gary

·
Registered
806 Posts
Had chills reading always good in people on this site regardless of what the situation is THANK YOU for seeing everything through. I am a Veteran and support all Veterans when able to help. Salute to you Justin time.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Thank you for posting and I am sorry for your loss.

I am not a Veteran, but I have worked to support Veterans and my father and his brother served in combat in Korea. A different uncle was in Pearl Harbor when it was attacked and he is buried at Arlington.

There is nothing more important than looking out for and taking care of our Nation's Verterans, both physically and mentally, and I am proud to say my father and my uncle have been well served by the Veterans Administration health program. We owe our Veterans nothing less.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Justin,
I don't know you, but I am sure proud of you. Your act of kindness was well appreciated. My dad was a veteran of the Korean War (U.S.M.C.). If were still with us, he too would be 90 years old.God Bless you and Wally!

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Good on you for taking care of his final arrangements. All too often people forget about folks who went to a foreign land, saw horrific things and came home and helped others. Some of my best teachers were veterans of WW2 and Korea.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I salute you sir! This is why I always have faith in humanity even though there's crappy stuff everyday. Mr. Wally was lucky to have you as a friend. As a Vietnamese immigrant who left Vietnam when I was about 12 years old with my family to get away of communist persecution because we were with the South Vietnam-American side, I am forever grateful for veterans.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts