Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend is the last one of the Northern Neck Anglers Club's Bonus Rockfish Tournament. It looks at this point that Saturday will be nice. Sunday things might get nasty. Keep an eye on it and good luck if you go.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On Thursday evening the NWS forecast was for gusts to 30k in the Bay above Smith Point. That would be a Small Craft Advisory level wind so it looks like Saturday will be the only fish day this weekend.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I plan to be out there on Saturday fishing with fellow NNAC member Rich Lewis.
Hopefully we will be weighing one in at Gwynn's Island tomorrow!!!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yep, I finally get to fish on a tournament day! Weighing in at Lewisetta. Hey Capt. Dave, I have a friend and his 8 year old son going with me tomorrow. Do I have to pre register the youngster for him to be eligable to win? No biggie if not, I'm just hoping to get him a nice fish to fight.

Thanks,

Mushy

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey, how are you. Water temp has been 29 degrees since sometime in August. Guess my sensor has gone bad. Sorry I can't be of any help there. You having any luck on the Rapp?

Mushy

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mushy, anybody can fish with you, but to be able to enter a fish in the tournament a non-member person must be preregistered and a $10 guest fee paid in advance. These are the rules. Take them with you and only enter the fish that you yourself have caught. Good luck. Dave

·
Registered
572 Posts
Water Temp about 46 in Potomac

Click on the link for real time information on wind and water conditions:
Graphing Tool
Noticed that link switches back to another location and parameter, so you just follow the directions to click on the station heading to find the station you want (Potomac or Sting Ray) and then select the parameter you want.
Current water temp just over 46 degrees. And wind speed down to 7 knots at Potomac.
Guess I'll go fishing tomorrow AM.
Tom

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We now have an official National Weather Service forecast calling for a Small Craft Advisory in all of the NNAC fishing area for Sunday.

The Bonus Rockfish Tournament will conclude today at 3:00PM.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some nice fish were weighed in for the tournament today. I'll post the winners as soon as all marinas have reported.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts