Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while- I got a call from my oldest around noonish yesterday saying c'mon dad lets go, the wind is barely blowing, yada,yada,yada. So after I finished whining about my recovering shoulder, my screwed up back, my pms ,etc,etc,etc, i gave in and said ok. So I get down to the boat around 1 or so and Jr rounded up another friend to ride and guess who we ended up waiting on. But it didnt really matter a lot because of the super-duper low tide inside Lynnhaven.
My rudder being firmly in the mud and Mikes Albie behind mine stuck on his lift, I have never seen the tide this low. And after the wind blowing north and east most of the day too??? Go figure. By the time we got away from the pier and out of my canal it was approaching 1430 so it was definitely going to be a short trip.

I was listening to the bite going off down off damn neck and rudee so I decided to make the run down there try and catch a few real quick and come home. Got to somewhere around the Windham:)D), and heard two things on the radio. One was that the bite had shut down, the other that the bite was five miles off the beach. So I just pulled off the throttles and trolled on down to rudee just along the three mile line. The bite definitely had to have been going off because there was an armada of boats running in from the se,lol. Merry Xmas to all you guys. :rolleyes::rolleyes:. There were three or four other boats around the line at rudee when we got there not too long before sunset , didnt see any of them them catch a fish and we started trolling back north. Trolled for about an hour until the sun was gone, then pulled the lines and came on back home. Not the first knockdown but it really didnt bother me cause of our very limited fish time and although being somewhat tempted to run a couple of more miles off the beach like all those other boats, i didnt feel the need to just to put a few fish in the box. No big deal, it was nice being on the water again and hopefully the wind will lay out a couple of days for everyone in the next few weeks. Keven, if that was you that rolled up beside me, (i think it was you), just prior to dark, I appreciate it. It appeared you were just checking on us as we were the only boat around trolling slowly,and that was what it looked like to me you or whoever was doing. If not you then thanx to whoever it was, its a good thing to do this time of year. You never know.
With the wind going back to the s-sw i cannot imagine how there will be any water left inside lynnhaven. I will be praying for N and NE.
Long story for a stinky report but thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me neptune. Merry X-mas and Happy New year to all- peace- craig "Miles Offshore":))

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Craig,

Glad to hear you were able to get back on the water !

There is a good chance that was Kevin. (surfperch1)

A couple of times when fishing on his boat he has done the same thing. He will not hesitate to check on people if thinks things do not look right.

Hope you heal up quick.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Glad you finally got to go out Craig I saw you on the way out as we were heading in.......its always good to get out even if it is just fishing and not catching! Merry Christmas!! Hope to see you out there again!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HoHoHo Jamie- LOL, why didnt you call me when you were taking the beach pix!
Scott, nice to hear from you, i hope the wife is doing well:)) -
Dennis, merry xmas to you, will talk to you soon,
Robert, thanx- holler at me next time!:))

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Will do Craig....wasnt 100% sure it was you, but of course know I know.......shot me your cell number....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Craig

Glad to hear the shoulders healing and you feel good enough to get out on the water. Hope to see you soon it has been to long.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Craig, maybe we can get together and shoot holes in our freezers? Guaranteed you won't hit a fish in mine!! Glad that you got out. I haven't even made it that far and I fell on my ass on the ice this week making me walk more like you this week with the back going out. It's nice to have a different sort of limp. I was tired of the old one!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts