Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie here.

I figured I take one last shot of coming out of the west rv today. won't be fishng for a few days and might move the cat south soon.

tide/temp/wind looked doable, to stay on the west shore and look for birdies.

got down the near 83a and saw a pod of birds working. was on the feesh from about 1;15 to 4;30. lotsa birds and feesh down below. no breaking on top, that I could tell within the 2-3 foot waves. about 30-40 ft of water

used 2 rods with double rig and casted a ba once in a while. lotsa doubles and going from rod to rod (deadsticking).

kept a couple 26 inchers. some fish were undersized, but most were over 18 inches, lot in the 20's. certainly a lot of fat feesh. some sea lice. water temp about 46.

Talked to Andy who was doing good farther south.

Go getum. sounds like the west side is the ticket.

:clap::D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice talking to you today Ron. Glad to hear you got some well needed pullage. We ended up with plenty in the mid 30 range, but couldn't get a 40. Have a good Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Well alright:clap:

They're still around up here. Thanks for the report.

Sounds like a good day for feesh although maybe a little bumpy:boat:

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Ron, Glad to see you got into them today. There's a lot of nice fish around right now, you just have to be in the right place and it looks like you were.:thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
WTG. I found that size fish last Sunday about there. Birds were hanging around but no breakers. Glad you got into them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad to hear there are plenty of fish still out there missing me now that my boats winterized on the rack. Nice work!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Ron it's been awhile since you've made a post like this congrats I'm glad you found them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the report,Ron.We spent Sunday north and couldnt find much of anything.All I can say is nothing between TPL and BPL .We had fair weather,lazy birds and too much boat traffic.Heard of a bite south of W.R. but after we got there,glad somebody found them. Jimmy

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys,

can't fish the next few days, but will return with a vengence.

Yeah JD. looks like that whole west side is good.
go gettum.:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good talking to you One Fish. I would have prefered to jig but was on a friends boat and he's been killing the big ones consistantly on the troll. We did have a very solid knock down that almost spooled us. Newbie angler error jumped him off. Probably be out on my boat Friday with the jigging tackle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts