Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blew off work and pulled my boys from school today. fx looked too good, and saw some good looking reports on TF (thank you). so anyway we set up a mixed bag of tandems and one umbrella. we were over the main channel between gas docks and CCNPP. we caught 1 fish, but it was a frisky 41" er. the fish hit a white ruby lip parachute. it was the heavier bait on a what i think is a 6/2 tandem. couldn't believe how much drag it took. my 11 yr's BD was the 4th so he got the first fish.

western side of the channel from 85' to about 55' was where all the marks where. east side was barren. and the same was true for those jellies. as soon as you got on the western side you knew you'd have to clean the baits. most of the boats stayed west. saw a few others reeling fish. this one big boat i think called "Marli" i think i watched them reel in like 3 fish. they were killing it right beside me.

the bite was at about 8:15, and it seemed most of the action around us was also early in the morning. after about 9:30 seemed things went dead. boats dispersed, marks dispersed. we trolled north up the middle of the bay and pulled them in around noon. ibirthday boy got a 41"er, so it was a good day.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Lucky boys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts