Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoyed meeting everyone tonight at the West End Grill. I have looked forward to joining and with my credit card properly dinged feel we can NOW move forward with Deadlowtide's (Chris) motion that new members have to buy each existing member a new St. Croix rod.:yes: I look forward to getting to know everyone better and drawing from all that each of you have to offer. I have already learned so much from some of the members in such a short period of time. Thanks:D ....Don

· Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Don,

It was great talking with you and welcome to the club!!! Thank you for the round of beers! You are now officially a member for life! As you said, there is a lot to be learned from these guys. Fishing output usually doubles the next day after just being in the same room as those guys! Welcome again and we look forward to seeing you posting and at meetings!

Mark

· Registered
424 Posts
Welcome aboard, Don. Congrats also to the new El Presidente (do we still have to call you that?) & VP. Boys, I think we're going to need a "bigger boat" for the next meeting as our area was more crowded than Free Scrapbook Day at Joann Fabrics.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
As stated before, welcome aboard Don and thanks for the round. Glad to see another great turn out. As usual, my time was limited, so I didn't get to talk with most of you.

Mary, nice meeting you as well. Glad to see a woman as into fishing as much as we are.

I saw some more new faces and I know I was introduced to you, but have forgotten your names. Welcome aboard as well.

And congrats to our newly elected leadership. Let's hope that they can continue to uphold the beliefs of this club; having fun at the expense of others and making fishing an excuse to drink beer.

· Registered
7,798 Posts
Nice to meet you, Don, and it was great, as usual, to see the rest of you. Congrats to our new leaders and thanks to Larry for years of able leadership of this rag-tag band.

Larry and I noted that he and I are the only two "original" members remaining, but yet the club seems to get better each year. The Keep-It-Simple-Stupid formula seems to be working, or maybe it should be renamed, Keep-It-Fishing-Fellas (KIFF....add that to your business coaching lexicon, Larry!).

· Premium Member
1,682 Posts
And congrats to our newly elected leadership. Let's hope that they can continue to uphold the beliefs of this club; having fun at the expense of others and making fishing an excuse to drink beer.
I promise to assist in guiding the club by the following motto as long as I am VP:

SRRKC misson statement - The ongoing journey to happily empty and fill the cooler simultaneously in order to find eternal happiness.

John,

Per your question, Skip was name President and I was named VP.

P.S. - Please nobody shoot Skip!

· Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Nice to meet you too, Don. Hope you can become a regular monthly degenerate like the rest of us :D

Great turnout last night, too. There were at least 20 people there at one point. Billy, Skip, and I closed down the place around 11:00 as our waitress was starting to move the tables out from under us - we kinda got the hint it was time to go home:rolleyes:

Congrats to Skip and Mark on their election to high office. :thumbup:
I applaud my worthy opponent for a hard fought campaign that was filled with a lot of mud slinging, name calling, and false accusations on both sides, but now is the time to come together as a group and work toward continued progress and prosperity for the good of the people (parts of the preceding speech may have been [FONT=&quot]plagiarized [/FONT]from defeated political candidates everywhere) :roflguy:

· Registered
7,798 Posts
I've already bought my gown for the inaugural ball. Skip and Mark, I assume that we all get VIP tickets, right?

The most urgent thing for this new administration is to get a Secretary of Pickerel nominated ASAP.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Peg really doesn't give a chit what "Headlowride" thinks. :D

But he would like to recommend that a winner of any tournament sponsored by the club, not be able to participate in any others scheduled for that year, or that one individual cannot take both aspects of any said tourney...especially if that individual is Chris...or any of his relatives.

Is that run-on enough to pass as legaleese Goose?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.