Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finally have more rod holders than just the 2 holders in my gunnels .....i was going to make them out of aluminum but decided to go with "gator" galvanized steel, also i learned how to mig weld today, pretty easy lol....they arent pretty but they are strong...i dont see any cats breakin them lol total cost for both...$15 :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Did you make the parts that hold the rod also or are those three holders for each side store bought? Nice job. My brother is a farmer and has a bunch of stainless steel and a welder. We were at Green Top Saturady. He was studying theirs and said he was going to try to make a rod holder for our boat. Yours looks great!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
moe....there is a pin at the bottom of my gunnel rod holders ..what i'm going to do is cut a notch out of the bottom of T holders and then it will "lock" into place on that pin.

martin...i went to budget boats saturday and bought 5 rod holders that they had in a junk box for $15, plus i had a couple more from the last time i went to budget boats ......you can also get them on ebay cheap.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks good! I made mine out of galvanized also but im an automotive painter so I painted mine to match the boat. Extra weather protection too. You gonna try them baby's out at my Tourney Feb. 25th? Maybe I can paint them for ya if you want um painted. Let me know.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks good! I made mine out of galvanized also but im an automotive painter so I painted mine to match the boat. Extra weather protection too. You gonna try them baby's out at my Tourney Feb. 25th? Maybe I can paint them for ya if you want um painted. Let me know.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks :)...they are painted already...i primed them and then painted them with a aluminum color spray paint.

well my next step is to see if my mechanic fixed my fuel problem on my motor then i can start fishing again lol....would love to enter a tourney but i dont have the knowledge of the river yet to do any good.....but if anyone needs to fill a spot for a tourney partner...let me know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I definately like the frame work. It looks good and I like how you incorporated it into the existing hole. What about the rod angle though? Its kinda hard to tell from the pic but almost looks like it will give you a rod tip down angle. Maybe its just the angle of the picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts