Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much trial and tribulation, I do believe I am ready to commit to adding gear to my T-140. I've had some issues with the boat that have held me back from adding any accessories. BUT NOT FROM BUYING THEM!
I now have a renewed confidence that she's ready for the open water. So therefore need to rig it for such adventures.
I've managed to aquire: Matrix 17 FF, Garmin GPS, Staples cargo basket, Seat back rod holder/bag, Scotty flyrod holder, Scotty 251 rod holder, paddle leash, 2 rod leashes.
The jury is still out on how I want to mount rods up front. I can't seem to decide if I want just one mounted at a time, a Scotty two rod mount(with FF on the front), or the Scotty 3 rod rail with the FF in the middle. I JUST DON'T KNOW!!
My hesitation comes from the way the paddle passes over the front while paddling. I don't want to bang into anything.
So if you could post your pics(and show off your rigs) and let me know of any pros/cons you've encountered in these designs, I would be in your debt.
Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Okay, here's a couple of my Tarpon 140.

This shows the cable feed thru for my depth finder. Got it at Boater's World for $4.99

Electronics on board; Garmin GPSmap 76 and Garmin model 80 depth finder.

Cockpit layout with self-inflating seat bought from http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com

Yak sitting on a set of home made wheels that come apart and will fit nicely into the front hatch of the T140 (also works on my T120)

Kayak wheels out from under the kayak......... cost to build (all parts included) was less than $25.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've got the scotty 3-rod holder bar on the front of my t140- love it- was also worried about hitting it, but has not been a problem so far- think i walloped one of my rods when i had the rod holder turned straight out from the boat, but thats been all
good luck
JP

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Also, check out the pictures at the links I posted here;

http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP704966386&id=7542

1 - 7 of 7 Posts