Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wel took the boys frogging friday night and they got some practice and about 8 frogs all small.took them again on saturday night this time practice paid off wound up with 28 bbbuuuulllllllllllllllllllll frogs.woke them up early Sun. morning and went after some white perch,catfish,and crappies (thats what i call em :)).We did well we got a gallon zip lock full of fillets and threw back more then twice that in little ones.Highlight of the day was 10 to 12 pound catfish that i handed the rod to my sonns 12 year old friend.He was tail hooked and put a massive battle before pulling the hook about 10 feet from the boat.The size and look in that kids eyes was worth millions when he saw that cat for the first time.Needless to say he grew all day until the trip was over and I am sure they are in school thinking abouyt it and talking about it and it is still growing.We used 7 dozen minnows and two dozen night crawlers from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fellas I love to fish and i'd rather be offshore dragging for something that is going to make my arms and back hurt, but you just can't beat two twelve year olds debating all day about who caught the biggest grennel or even if a grennel counts as a fish at all or who gigged the mojo bull frog the night before.I really doubt if you could take them anywhere in the world where they could truely have 8 hours of more fun.Especially when your catching not fishing.My son goes offshore all the time and has caught just about every kind of fish there is but, it wears him out so bad I jus think he has more fun right where I grew up.Somwhere in the north part of currituck county dunking a bait noy knowing what your next bite might bring in.
Sorry no pics this time forgot the camera.Oh i almost forgot grennels do count when your ahead on catching them and they dont when your not .

[excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][smile][smile]

·
Registered
400 Posts
thanks for letting me know you went.....we went and got some crabs from watson then went to the ditch but only caught ells. and some small channels.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats up happy?Hey Steve need to get your stuff together and get down here april or may s o we can go catch some Mahimahi or some starkists.Hey bro My vasectomy is ready to go so let me know when the tuna trip is a go.any day except mon or friday and have to leave late if we go on tuesday because i dont get off till 6 a.m. so lets say sat,sun or thursday would be best.call me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts