Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rockingreport: Left the Docks at Buzz's a little after 7:15 am on 12/18 with a fellow coworker followed Mike out through the Channel, first time out of buzz's. Once we hit the mouth of the creek noticed it was a little rough, ran north of Point no Point light house made the turn to run towards 72a had to slow down due to the rough water, finally got to the fishing grounds aroung 8:15-8:30, dropped lines we did not have two rods out when the boat rod got a hit did not hook up, finish putting out the spread trolled all around 72a and a little south nothing, thought that I was having bad luck this fall, made a call on the radio talked to a fellow Tide Fisher by cell, told me to head north, made it to the fishing grounds (Can't give the location), Put lines back out and 10 mintues into it Bam small hit on planner board line, thought must have missed it, pulled lines because one of the bannes broke, we noticed a tail in the water lgot it in 1st fish (19 inch) slot fish, started to put the line back out when the starboard planner board got slammed (2nd fish 38 1/2" 22.5 Lbs), put spread back out, 5 min. break, bammed port planner get slammed (3rd fish 39 1/2" 25 lbs), put rod back out made the turn starboard planner rods gets slammed again (4th fish 30") put it right back, got the rod back out made a circle and same rod gets slammed again (5th fish 28") slot fish, pulled lines made the run back to Buzz's started to come in missed the second red buoy ran a ground, got boat pushed off went 20 ft ran a ground again, called mike he told me to stay close to the red buoys coming in, finally made it back to the dock.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Congratulations on the fish. Don't be ashamed of running aground where you did; I've seen lots of boats there. I stay on plane (draws less water) and focus intently on the markers. Always be aware of when low tide happens. Yesterday, it was 12 noon and sounds like you probably came back in on a falling tide. Next time you will run the channel like a champ. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
365 Posts
:rockingreport: Nice work on the fish and nice talking to you glad my advice put you on the fish.:clap:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Firenut, It was nice meeting you yesterday. It was great to have some of the local guys take advantage of the outstanding fall season. It is amazing how many people live here and don't fish. When you come next time keep a close watch out for gill nets. The guys out today said there were quite a few. See you soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts