Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son, granddaughter, grandson and I fished from the Bay Bridge down to Buoy 84 on Good Friday and all we caught was trash – candy wrappers, cereal box liners, even a piece of a swimming pool cover. Our next outing was over this past weekend and we went further south, launching from Somers Cove in Crisfield. This time six of us left the dock about 6:30 on Saturday to be greeted with 3 foot waves in Tangier Sound. We added my wife and her brother for this trip. When we got to the light at the bay side of Kedges Straight, we were faced with 4’ waves that we would need to run in a beam sea, so we turned around. We trolled from Kedges Straight to the VA state line and didn’t have even a knock down. Sunday was a different story. We got on the water a little later and arrived at the edge of the shipping channel around 8:15 to just a light chop of less than a foot. We put our nine rod spread out and started meandering southward on the eastern edge of the shipping channel just north of 70. We got our first fish just to the south of 70 on a glitter-green umbrella on our starboard corner 90 feet back. It measured 34 ½” long and weighed 14 pounds. Just to the north of 68 we had our big fish of the day that measured 36 ½” and weighed 16 pounds. We caught it on a pearl white umbrella off the port corner at 75 feet back. We caught our last fish just north of 66 on a white tandem 150 feet back on the long leader. The last fish was 30” long and weighed 9 pounds. All fish were caught in 65 feet of water on a wandering southerly troll. Due to time constraints we turned and trolled northerly for an hour with no more hits, so we pulled our spread just after noon to head home since we still had an hour boat ride and a five hour trip home. It was a great trip and we had two really happy grandkids. Both took turns hauling on these fish and had a great time doing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Its always good to kick the skunk out of the boat. I know this from personal experience. Congratulations!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts