Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just about wrote this year off after getting beat around by the wind the last few weeks and coming up empty. But yesterday morning it was flat as a billiard table and I gave it one more try.

Got out there at first light and trolled the area off Conrad's. Picked up a 40"er and a 27"er and had three knock downs all in about an hour. Trolling chart and bunker color stretch 25+ with 2oz in-line. About 30 yds back.

Now I can put the boat up and feel a little better about this crappy year.

Anybody else think we should kick the season back to November-February? Earlier has been a bust for years.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have been trolling out of Buzzs Marina fishing 72A all the way to 68 and its been a bad year. We had one 9 fish day last week but since then its been lockjaw.......I agree...this fall season has been a tuff one.....

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wow 40" :bigfish: something I dreamed of all summer and fall - but didn't get. You're one of the lucky few to catch something over the slot. Great catching out there. So glad you stuck it out and hit the big payday! Congrats!

Not sure I'd change the season - My last trip is usually after Christmas each year, and it's been a skunk 3 years in a row - doesn't seem like much left by the end of the year. Hopefully this was just an off year (at least in terms of big fish). I think the warm water really screwed things up, but at least the last couple days has been a fantastic bite out there.

Good luck if you take another trip - catch one even bigger!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts