Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the ramp at Sandy Point at 7:15 this morning...Late start...went up the Severn up to the 50 bridge...30 traps, chicken necks 6-8 feet of water. tide had JUST started to go out, no wind...Pulled the first trap at 8 AM and the last one at 11:30...came away with a fat bushel...82 crabs, nothing under 6 inches..most were nice an full...I went thinking I would be happy with a couple dozen..even took fishing rods with me just in case the crabbing was bad...never wet a line...averaged 10 keepers per run...and if I had been keeping 5.25s I would have been done an hour earlier...a few sooks, one doubler and quite a few sub 5s....and 2 of the biggest immature females I have ever seen...had they been male they would have been going home with me...I think they may have FINALLY arrived! Best crabbing day I've had since June 24, 2013...

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
It looks like traps are the way to go so far this year. I'm ready for some crabbing too. Thanks for the good news. Maybe some of those crabs we saw swimming north on the surface at the CBBT 2 weeks ago while cobia fishing made it up here.30 baits 82 crabs in 3 1/2 hrs. not bad

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Nice job. I used a trot line this past Sunday, Got almost a bushel. But YES TRAPS are pulling pretty good numbers-They're here I believe....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts