Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last Magothy duck hunt we got checked by the DNR for boat and hunting compliance. Everything was fine except for a reminder that the boat needed a class 11-b fire extinguisher. The reason explained was the boat had floorboards that were not sealed to the sides of the boat. Even though the floorboards are removable and no gas tank was stored in covered spaces checked the MD recreational boaters regulations for clarification. Among other conditions required for boats under 16' the regs states that:
Fire extinguishers are required if the boat has a double bottom not sealed to the sides of the hull or which is not completely filled with flotation material.
I suppose I could remove the floor boards and be OK but this was news to me and may be of interest to other small boat operators.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have a boat that fits the description and do carry a fire extinguisher but was unaware that it was required.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ive been there. Icarry one and Ive been asked for it many times hunting. It seems that is the only time I get checked if you hunt fishingbay be prepaired to get checked every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts