Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son took the initiative this week to kill himself a Buck. He did OK for thirteen years old and on his own with a bottle of water, knife, drag rope, and .50 caliber Muzzleloader. I showed him where I would be hunting until he returned, three hours later he did dragging his first buck, seven points weighing about 30 pounds more than he, through the Oaks. It was a proud moment and I'm looking forward to seeing it many more times.

And just so the boy did not show up the old man I killed an eight the next day.

·
Registered
365 Posts
One of the greatest moments of a dad's life. Congrats. Did you make him eat some heart or drink blood?

Just kidding. I dream about the day that my son, now 10, whacks his first deer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has killed at least 8 doe so he is past the blood and heart phase. He was on his own this time so I don’t know what kind of freaky **** he did out there, he did the gutting on his own this time for the first time and did a good job for only watching a few times. He did mention it was pretty weird holding on to a set of big warm hairy balls then cutting them off.:eek2:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
thats what its all about, aint nothing better than the kids getting in to hunting....i said it a hundred times..( so did uncle ted) teach your kids to hunt so you dont have to hunt for your kids:yes::thumbup:

·
Registered
365 Posts
He has killed at least 8 doe so he is past the blood and heart phase. He was on his own this time so I don't know what kind of freaky **** he did out there, he did the gutting on his own this time for the first time and did a good job for only watching a few times. He did mention it was pretty weird holding on to a set of big warm hairy balls then cutting them off.:eek2:
I started doing some freaky **** when I was about 13.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts