Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range light 6/30 along with a friend who has fished all his life, but neither of us had fished for spadefish. Got a lot of good advice from Double Haul and other TFers. I ran into Capt. Hogg at John Bishop's the day before. He helped me pick the right gear. Arrived around 8:30 with only two other boats and slack early ebb current. Managed to catch one small one. My first ever! From the pullage, I would love to hook a big one. Will definitely try this again. Thanks Chandler and Double Haul.
Went on to 42 to flounder fish the outgong. Just like two weeks ago, we could not keep the big croakers off our rigs. 15-17" croakers are fun to catch, but enough is enough. Just like Jimmy Buffett wants his Junior Mints, I want some flounder.

·
Registered
317 Posts
glad you caught your 1st spade im still looking for my first. i will down on my dads pier fishing and crabbing with the kids on the 4th.

bob h.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just a thought, it worked for us - why not use a Bear Paw and shorten the sinker/hook distance down to like, 8 inches or less. We slayed 'em that time. No one else caught much. Heck, try anything.
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts