Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
0630 left Little Creek Base, 1st boat out broke ice for 100 yds ran to Ch, Rudee (trolled), Sandbridge(trolled), False Cape(trolled), back to Rudee, NADA ran to Green Can trolled nothing. Ran to Little Creek only trailer left..............I'm done!
Water Temp 38.1-41.3 all day

time to get ready for the next species.

Ian

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Still good water down at Duck. dont give up till its over, no other species to get too excited about right now unless you plan on running 60 miles offshore for sea bass & tile.
Waves 2mi out 0.4 m (1.3 ft) height
18 second period
75° from True North
Waves pier end 0.24 m (0.8 ft) height
Water Temp 8°C 46°F
Temps is from the Duck Pier today, looks fishy to me. Martin

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
It was a frustrating day. And I know we marked not just bait but fish too. They must have just had lockjaw. Maybe it ain't over but I'm not too keen on running to NC for 2 fish. Yesterday only 1/2 of my crew had NC licenses anyway. I think NC are being greedy A-holes for no receprocity agreements with VA and no boat licenses.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like we had identical days I was the second boat out of OC and broke ice for 100 yds or so went to Currituk saw plenty of porpoise, whale and one big skunk that I couldn't get out of the boat all day. Now it is time for boat and trailer maintenance and a couple of deep drop trips with Captain Jim.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Appreciate you folks playing ice breaker for those of us who got out a little later in the morning. All we had were small bergs and growlers...:52:

Had the same luck as about everyone - NADA. Did hear of a few snagged menhaden and also heard they're good smoked !:chef:

Guess the fish are in the Fed Zone until it warms up a little. Last 3 trips we've been picking the wrong days and the wrong spots. :(( Oh well...

Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fished yesterday{Sat.}out of rudy observing polar water until we got down around 1-3 miles south of line.We found some 45.5-46 degree water but only could manage one fish 22.6 pounds.We were in the classic gannet snow storm with bait from 5 ft. down to the bottom.The wire rods were doing the typical bunker tapdance for what seemed to be miles.All of the elements were present to make the SLOBFEST dreams are made of.The water got cold and the slobs moved offshore.I think it is supposed to be warming up later this week,i would not give up yet.There are many potential good days left in the season! We just need to forget about the ones like yesterday. P.S. Did you guys like the way insult to injury was added into the equation with super low tides @ the ramp just about the time everybody was about to leave, just fabulous!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same sad story.

Same story all around for Saturday. I don't feel so bad bringing the skunk home when I know we all limited with the smelly critter. That was definitely what you call an extreme tide. Watched several trailers drop off the ramp at OC.

Don't think this guy is going anywhere.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts