Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's interested in paddling to the First Island Sunday morning? It's three miles out. I figure we launch at dawn, just around slack low tide, fish the island for everything that swims (tog, stripers, blues, flounder, big black drum, croaker, Moby Dick) and paddle back around noon and slack high tide.

Ric
289-5136

·
Registered
104 Posts
sounds very interesting
what will the conditions be like because im not trying to paddle around in 3 ft chop...........ive heard that you can sight fish for the drum around the island.....ive caught them from the boat but to do it from the yak!!!!!!wooooodoggy

·
Registered
253 Posts
Last weekend when I was out and the water was like glass I thought about paddling out there, but my fishing partner that morning was new to the sport so we only ventured to the small boat channel.

If I can get permission, and the weather is looking good, I'd be up for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Confirmed with Ric. We will be meeting at Lighthouse B&T to bait up at 5:30am and launching at Seaview Ave. by 6:00am

531-6495
Robert

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ric, Calvin and myself made the trip to the first island this mourning. Launched just after 6am and had our feet back on dry ground before 1pm.
Its a long paddle but rewarding to know that I can do it. (can't imagin how Kevin is doing his trip every day.)
I managed one 17" striper and several flounder hookups but none landed.
Ric has a story to tell about a big drum.

Robert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts