Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,388 Posts
Ours has been running for over a week now, I love heating with wood. We heat 2 houses for about $200/yr, currently it's a balmy 72 degrees here in the house.

· Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No son, just daughters.

The last time I split wood was about eight years ago. I opted for the gasoline powered splitter. Just handling the twenty-four-inch diameter Oak logs warmed me up. Unfortunately, our new house doesn't have a wood stove. I miss having one.

Been my experience daughters have been know to attract young men who can then be manipulated into.proving themselves, via the 16# Monster Maul

· Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol at the footwear. That said, I have been known to run the chainsaw wearing Crocs. Not my least Darwin moment but I still have 5 piggies on each side :)

His brother was splitting when he came out.
I said, "Damn, your younger brother is a splitting machine, much faster than you!"

I just kept pushing rounds off the truck, heehee.

LOL, I call it, The Old Tom Sawyer move!

· Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,388 Posts
I bought a broken log splitter 10 years ago, the idiot put a 3hp motor on it, lol. The damn thing wouldn't split balsa woos with that motor. Went over to Horrible Freight and got a 10hp Predator motor (They come out of the same factory as Honda motors) and it's never skipped a beat.
Wood Hearth Wood-burning stove Gas Television set

· Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,388 Posts
I put a 10 HP Predator on a twenty five year old horizontal ram and it starts every time and eats logs……

Howard
Those motors are great and they're cheap too. The one on the splitter is 12 years old. I'm gonna pick one up and repower my snowblower on Black Friday. Tecumseh motors suck, the one on the blower has been a POS from the year after I bought it, Blizzard King my ass.

· Registered
2,034 Posts
Those motors are great and they're cheap too. The one on the splitter is 12 years old. I'm gonna pick one up and repower my snowblower on Black Friday. Tecumseh motors suck, the one on the blower has been a POS from the year after I bought it, Blizzard King my ass.
Bought there predator 2000 generator quiet as a mouse love it .

1 - 20 of 97 Posts