Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No son, just daughters.

The last time I split wood was about eight years ago. I opted for the gasoline powered splitter. Just handling the twenty-four-inch diameter Oak logs warmed me up. Unfortunately, our new house doesn't have a wood stove. I miss having one.

Been my experience daughters have been know to attract young men who can then be manipulated into.proving themselves, via the 16# Monster Maul

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol at the footwear. That said, I have been known to run the chainsaw wearing Crocs. Not my least Darwin moment but I still have 5 piggies on each side :)

His brother was splitting when he came out.
I said, "Damn, your younger brother is a splitting machine, much faster than you!"

I just kept pushing rounds off the truck, heehee.

LOL, I call it, The Old Tom Sawyer move!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That all costs more than 200 bucks a year, times two houses
Huh?
Do it right and you can get all your wood split and MAKE money!

Post a sign;
UNCLE ROB'S GIRL POWER CROSSFIT GYM!
This week's special, The Lumberjack Workout! $25 per week, train as often as you like!

Couple old tractor tires for them to flip, some cold bottled water, and an old fun house mirror that makes them look skinny. Plus you get all your wood split and stacked by yoga pants wearing hotties!

All the while you sit in the shade sipping cold ones, stacking the $$$, and enjoying the view!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Everyone that wants to stay warm in the winter helps with the splitting, cutting and stacking duties. I helped a guy about 10 years ago get rid of the wood from his downed trees. A 2 tree job turned into a 5 tree, 20 cords of wood job. I only took about 9 cords of the wood. M would lift my scalp if I had a harem of hotties splitting wood and stacking it, lol.

A feller's got to have his wood taken care of!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What’s a cord cost now? 500? 600 if you want it stacked? 700 if you want real seasoned firewood?

200 hundred to heat two houses all winter. lol

Hold the wedge M !!!
Powerline crew cutting locally?
Few $20s.
Used to.be a case of COLD beer, lol.
If I needwood, I just stop and ask.
You'd be surprised.

Help a neighbor with some trees.
Lots of options.

Have always cut my own, with a few exceptions. First year I moved into this house, I had no.wood here. Primary heat was a Hitzler wood/ coal unit.

Local sawmill DELIVERED 5 cords of 18" cut slab for $150. Had just bought couple thousand BF of wood from.them, so maybe gave me a deal? Been a few years...

As recently as 3 years ago, I stopped by a mill to ask about some 1x6 poplar. They had a mountain of poplar and red oak, cut to 20" or so. Literally had to where else to put it ( early July). Went in office to pay for boards, lady asked if I needed firewood? $50 a truck.load.
Nah, I'm good.
$30 a truck load. Be right back!

Went home, unloaded boards, went back and OVERLOADED 8' bed with all red oak. Cost me $30 and some $5 Little Caesars pizzas for son.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The mill on 162 used to sell slabs. They burned pretty good.

Any tree company will give you the wood. We had to pay to dump it when used to work for one.

Yeah, I used to buy a lot of sawdust from them too, for stall bedding.

Now, bark, sawdust, everything gets blown into trailers and goes to.PA.

Pressed wood, scrapple, who knows?

A relative used to make and sell those little bundles of firewood. Had contracts with supermarket chains, campgrounds, etc.

Turned into a low margin, PIA endeavor, so he sold out to a....tree cutting company!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
This post reads like a story out of the 1800s . I didn't know that many people still lived off the grid I remember hearing stories about how people couldn't afford oil and had to use wood to heat thier homes back in the depression ..We must be in a depression

LOL, try to buy a wood stove right now.
Plus, some areas are BANNING their use.

You WILL bow to the Climate Change god, or freeze!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
OK Fishermen, next lets talk about the winter clothes we wear. ;)

Sorry.
I haven't been fishing in over a week.
Went to the landfill this am.
And picked up a load of feed on way back home.
Will do a little drywall repair before supper.

Haven't posted about any of that.
Or pics from my Cracker Barrel lunch.
Waitress was nondescript, but performed her duties in an adequate and friendly manner
Tipped her about 23%. Did not take pics.

Will squirrel hunt tomorrow, and hope to get back to fishing on Thursday.

I wear the same clothes pretty much all the time. Boots, jeans, flannel. Can send you pics if interested.
Just let me know...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
OK Thank you. Yes send pictures of the squirrels. How many are you allowed to kill? Send pictures after you cook them. There I let you know.
6 a day.
Dredged in seasoned flour after parboiling (in back pan), cooked in bacon grease.
Catfish in front skillet. ( And I STILL turned it into a catfish thread!!!)
Surf and turf?
Tree and Sea?

Food Ingredient Deep frying Recipe Cuisine

I showed you mine, now you show me yours!
( Crappie and perch pics, I mean!!!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts