Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Ours has been running for over a week now, I love heating with wood. We heat 2 houses for about $200/yr, currently it's a balmy 72 degrees here in the house.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
I bought a broken log splitter 10 years ago, the idiot put a 3hp motor on it, lol. The damn thing wouldn't split balsa woos with that motor. Went over to Horrible Freight and got a 10hp Predator motor (They come out of the same factory as Honda motors) and it's never skipped a beat.
Wood Hearth Wood-burning stove Gas Television set

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
I put a 10 HP Predator on a twenty five year old horizontal ram and it starts every time and eats logs……

Howard
Those motors are great and they're cheap too. The one on the splitter is 12 years old. I'm gonna pick one up and repower my snowblower on Black Friday. Tecumseh motors suck, the one on the blower has been a POS from the year after I bought it, Blizzard King my ass.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Huh?
Do it right and you can get all your wood split and MAKE money!

Post a sign;
UNCLE ROB'S GIRL POWER CROSSFIT GYM!
This week's special, The Lumberjack Workout! $25 per week, train as often as you like!

Couple old tractor tires for them to flip, some cold bottled water, and an old fun house mirror that makes them look skinny. Plus you get all your wood split and stacked by yoga pants wearing hotties!

All the while you sit in the shade sipping cold ones, stacking the $$$, and enjoying the view!
Everyone that wants to stay warm in the winter helps with the splitting, cutting and stacking duties. I helped a guy about 10 years ago get rid of the wood from his downed trees. A 2 tree job turned into a 5 tree, 20 cords of wood job. I only took about 9 cords of the wood. M would lift my scalp if I had a harem of hotties splitting wood and stacking it, lol.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
There's gobs of feee wood to be had if you're willing to put in some work. I haven't paid for wood in 40 years.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
We've been selling lots off the farm and I cut and clear the lots so I have enough to burn and sell.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Hard to disagree but the air coming out of my natural gas fueled registers sure does feel good on the piggly wigglies. Great to get the inside of my boots toasty before slipping them on 'em on as well.
I put mine by the woodstove to warm them up.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
OK Fishermen, next lets talk about the winter clothes we wear. ;)
I just dropped $225 at Grundens on clothes to keep M and I warm. Bibs, under layers and a pair of boots for my niece. Their stuff ain't cheap , but it's good quality.

Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Do they make fuzzy furry as a face mask to keep the wind off your face driving the boat, seriously .................
Yes, I have a fleece lined Nomex balaclava that I wear. it doesn't have a tag. Damn if I can remember where i got it though. there are quite a few listed on eBay.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Rats and cats :)
Many years ago, when M's grandad was alive his farm was being overrun by tree rats. So one day I went over and shot 10 or so. He asked what I did with the ones I shot, I said I just left them out there, He said go shoot 6 for dinner. I was less than thrilled about eating tree rat, I'd just gotten back from Bangkok. So, back out into the woods I went and came back with 7, they were cheap so I got an extra. Her grandmother worked some kinda wizardry and made tree rat and dumplings that was unreal. Fast forward, M and 2 of her sisters showed up for dinner. I was threatened with bodily harm if I told the girls what they were. About 5 years ago I told them what they ate, the looks on their faces was priceless.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Grow enough beard, you'll be fine!
One of the problems with being 1/2 Blackfoot is when my beard comes in it looks like I camped overnight at Chernobyl, lol.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
I was just saying that I haven't seen a pheasant in close to 40 years. When the bottom fell out of the fur trade, the fox population exploded and did them in .

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
I used to hunt with a man who raised quail. Tasty little birds.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
NC did a quail nest predation some years back and feral/ house cats and hawks were the biggest problem, by far.
Which is why if I catch Mr. Fluffkins on the farm he won't be coming home. I hate outside cats.

Reactions: Progger

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
I have a cat roaming my property at night chasing rabbits. I have him on camera several times.I'm going to trap him and take him on a ride.........Gary
I have 25 chickens and a damn cat can do a hell of a lot of damage overnight. Mooshie ate one about 6 months ago, M was less than pleased about it, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts