Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
This post reads like a story out of the 1800s . I didn't know that many people still lived off the grid I remember hearing stories about how people couldn't afford oil and had to use wood to heat thier homes back in the depression ..We must be in a depression
If oil or electric were free I personally would burn wood. Been burning for over 50 years wood comes off my property . Have enough downed wood for nother 50 years .nothing heats or feels as good as a woodstove or insert.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If oil or electric were free I personally would burn wood. Been burning for over 50 years wood comes off my property . Have enough downed wood for nother 50 years .nothing heats or feels as good as a woodstove or insert.
Hard to disagree but the air coming out of my natural gas fueled registers sure does feel good on the piggly wigglies. Great to get the inside of my boots toasty before slipping them on 'em on as well.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Hard to disagree but the air coming out of my natural gas fueled registers sure does feel good on the piggly wigglies. Great to get the inside of my boots toasty before slipping them on 'em on as well.
I put mine by the woodstove to warm them up.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
OK Fishermen, next lets talk about the winter clothes we wear. ;)
I just dropped $225 at Grundens on clothes to keep M and I warm. Bibs, under layers and a pair of boots for my niece. Their stuff ain't cheap , but it's good quality.

Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
OK Fishermen, next lets talk about the winter clothes we wear. ;)

Sorry.
I haven't been fishing in over a week.
Went to the landfill this am.
And picked up a load of feed on way back home.
Will do a little drywall repair before supper.

Haven't posted about any of that.
Or pics from my Cracker Barrel lunch.
Waitress was nondescript, but performed her duties in an adequate and friendly manner
Tipped her about 23%. Did not take pics.

Will squirrel hunt tomorrow, and hope to get back to fishing on Thursday.

I wear the same clothes pretty much all the time. Boots, jeans, flannel. Can send you pics if interested.
Just let me know...

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Sorry.
I haven't been fishing in over a week.
Went to the landfill this am.
And picked up a load of feed on way back home.
Will do a little drywall repair before supper.

Haven't posted about any of that.
Or pics from my Cracker Barrel lunch.
Waitress was nondescript, but performed her duties in an adequate and friendly manner
Tipped her about 23%. Did not take pics.

Will squirrel hunt tomorrow, and hope to get back to fishing on Thursday.

I wear the same clothes pretty much all the time. Boots, jeans, flannel. Can send you pics if interested.
Just let me know...
OK Thank you. Yes send pictures of the squirrels. How many are you allowed to kill? Send pictures after you cook them. There I let you know.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts