Tidal Fish Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
OK Thank you. Yes send pictures of the squirrels. How many are you allowed to kill? Send pictures after you cook them. There I let you know.
6 a day.
Dredged in seasoned flour after parboiling (in back pan), cooked in bacon grease.
Catfish in front skillet. ( And I STILL turned it into a catfish thread!!!)
Surf and turf?
Tree and Sea?

Food Ingredient Deep frying Recipe Cuisine

I showed you mine, now you show me yours!
( Crappie and perch pics, I mean!!!)

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Do they make fuzzy furry as a face mask to keep the wind off your face driving the boat, seriously .................
Yes, I have a fleece lined Nomex balaclava that I wear. it doesn't have a tag. Damn if I can remember where i got it though. there are quite a few listed on eBay.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Rats and cats :)
Many years ago, when M's grandad was alive his farm was being overrun by tree rats. So one day I went over and shot 10 or so. He asked what I did with the ones I shot, I said I just left them out there, He said go shoot 6 for dinner. I was less than thrilled about eating tree rat, I'd just gotten back from Bangkok. So, back out into the woods I went and came back with 7, they were cheap so I got an extra. Her grandmother worked some kinda wizardry and made tree rat and dumplings that was unreal. Fast forward, M and 2 of her sisters showed up for dinner. I was threatened with bodily harm if I told the girls what they were. About 5 years ago I told them what they ate, the looks on their faces was priceless.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,370 Posts
Grow enough beard, you'll be fine!
One of the problems with being 1/2 Blackfoot is when my beard comes in it looks like I camped overnight at Chernobyl, lol.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You know gas costs money, your time costs money.

you think because you go and cut down some trees, split and stack them, it’s free?
You're right. Everything has a price. Some prices are fixed, and some are variable. Time is one of the variables. When I ran my cabinetmaking business, I charged $125.00 an hour. Now that I'm retired, I'm willing to work for four hours to save from paying someone else a hundred bucks. It's called "sweat equity" and it's worth a fortune.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
6 a day.
Dredged in seasoned flour after parboiling (in back pan), cooked in bacon grease.
Catfish in front skillet. ( And I STILL turned it into a catfish thread!!!)
Surf and turf?
Tree and Sea?

View attachment 283209

I showed you mine, now you show me yours!
( Crappie and perch pics, I mean!!!)
That is nice. That's what I'm talking about. Here is mine when I was a young guy. That's me in front. Never hunted squirrels. Not proud of the fish picture. Can't find the fish picture
Military person Military uniform Tints and shades Event Hat

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
That is nice. That's what I'm talking about. Here is mine when I was a young guy. That's me in front. Never hunted squirrels. Not proud of the fish picture. Can't find the fish picture View attachment 283214

Nice !
DNR stocked some around the state for draw hunts Saturday.
Know a few guys that went after the stragglers yesterday.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Progger, Have you ever hunted in Federalsburg area? One of the family that lives in Federalsburg all his life gets a deer every year if he wants to kill one. It is loaded with deer in this area. View attachment 283219 View attachment 283220 View attachment 283221 View attachment 283222
Andy, those are some NICE deer!

My oldest son and I will probably hunt a few days next week over near Denton at my brother's place, then maybe chase sika a day or two, IF I'm up for a slog thru the marsh.

We've got a couple in the freezer, so nice, no pressure hunting!

LOL, I'll probably take a couple fishing rods too!

·
Registered
349 Posts
That is nice. That's what I'm talking about. Here is mine when I was a young guy. That's me in front. Never hunted squirrels. Not proud of the fish picture. Can't find the fish picture View attachment 283214
Those were the days in the 60's & 70's when Maryland had its share of wild pheasants on Western Shore. You didn't need a dog as just walking the corn fields for your limit of 2 birds.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts