Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we may have put one over on Mother Nature :rolleyes:. We have a great group of folks who come down every "opening day" and spend the whole weekend. WE don't do any PSC&R except on the Friday before. This group comes down on Fridays and we go out "exploring". Well today was truly a great day! Two in the group were newbies this year! Neither had been fishing before and had never caught a Rock :eek2: We managed to C&R, 9 beautiful, fat, healthy, pre-spawn fish from 35 to 40 inches :bigfish::clapping2: I did not take pictures today because I was too busy releasing fish but we did manage to get a shot of 14yo, Cody who has his first ever Rock (36"). He caught another which was the 40" fish. His step-mom to be, also caught a fat 39 incher for her first attempt :thumbup: WTG mom !
We were back at the dock by 1pm and I think we beat the weatherman out of a great fishing trip. If it really blows tomorrow, at least these folks can go home happy. No filet's but happy anyhowdancedance.
We fished tandems off the boards and all colors produced. We were in the very secret, Mid-bay area,on the east side . Sorry if that burns anyones spot:oops:

Water Boat Sky Fin Fisherman

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Nice day and well written report as always Charlie. I always enjoy seeing a youngster with their first fish.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Nice report Charlie! I'm still torn on whether to go tomorrow morning or not. If i don't go, i'll bet it turns out to be not so bad. That's exactly what happened last year opening morning.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Charlie NICE, ya spot burner...:thumbup:To heck w/those guys congrats on providing a great day for your clients.Lets not let a few change what we do to suit them.Thanks for the report my friend.Many more to come and KEEP dem reeports a coming.:yes:

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Hey Charlie

Nice to see your first :rockingreport: of the year. Sounds like a good day out there. Hope the wind dies down a bit and it turns out to be a good weekend. Good luck out there this weekend:thumbup::fishing2:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
579 Posts
Charlie,
Nice report. Glad you guy's got out today, the next two days look bad. The fish have to be here because my dogwood bloomed today. catching nine today is a good sign. Thanks for sharing your day.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Charlie,
Glad ya had a good day today......tomorrow looks BAD.
Then Sunday I'll have 200 boats in my super duper secret spot......thanks for the burn.......guess I'll have to find another SDSP.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
WTG Charlie, it's good to see your reports again. Hope you have a good season! Even though it was Friday looks like a good time was had by all!
-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts