Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Friday afternoon to stay on the bite and caught Many croakers 4 to 5 feet in Lagrange Creek so moved out into the river to see what was what. Dad on one side of the boat Josh on the other. Pulled up on the Red barns and the bailling began. Never got to check another area as I put a fifty fish limit on them and they filled their quota in about and hour. Josh kept saying 1 more fish and as I was pulling the anchor dad set the hook on the first Spot of the year. 1/2 pounder which we released for good luck.
Didn't fish Sat as I was make up man for some buddies Richmond Sheriffs Crew fishing out of OI Sunday. Great weather Sunday but the Gulf Stream was pushed out and the Tuna bite was off. We ended up Finding some good weedline which saved the day. 11 dolphin and 1 wahoo. 113 # of fish before cleaning. Dick Harris (Fintastic) alway finds a way to put fish in the boat. I recommend him highly as Ive fished with him 7 or 8 years and he always finds a way to produce fish.
Im out the door to run a charter tommrow and will be off all this week from the regular job and fishing Thurday-Sunday. I will be back in town Wed morning and will try to post a report.

Have a good one

Bobby

·
Registered
198 Posts
Lets hope that Good Luck Spot you put back sends the all clear to some of those Big Ones from last year. I hear they even changed the citation size due to the heavy catch. Of course I didn't find paper but I enjoyed the meals while trying.
Thanks for the post Bobby!
Mel and Jen

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bobby I took my mother fishing in front of the barns a couple weeks back and we caught a spot about 3inches long. Surprised me that early. Maybe a good year for early spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts