Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched about 10:30 am this morning - no ice at the ramps. Looked like some slush way back. Tide was low - predicted to be incoming about 11:00. Ran out on flat bay and headed to channel edge. Saw netters working but not much in the nets being pulled up.

Current was out going - not what was predicted. Water was 38 to 40* and mostly clear. Took some looking but found Rock on bottom in 55 to 65 feet.

May be an image of indoor and text that says 'pota 40.4°F 155kHz PO N W COG VSUPPL 13 80'

Wind was light from north but not too strong to drift. Could get bottom with 1 ounce jighead by casting south. Boat would be almost on top when lure was on bottom. Could gently swim it and let out line to keep it deep.

Hits were light taps but fish fought well. All real fat butterballs.

No photo description available.

Green glitter BKD 5 inch with spray attractor worked well. Tried 7 and 10 inch lures but no luck. Most Rock were 16 to 24 but did get a nice 29 -30 incher that was camera shy ( I hit wrong button on cell phone ). Current went slack but only for about 10 minutes - then incoming really got cranking. Had to bump up to 1 1/2 oz and anchor - now casting south to offset fast current.

Bay stayed flat but clouds rolled in - fished until 4:00 , since park closes at 5 pm now.

May be an image of body of water

Ran in and put boat on trailer - finding no power when winch plugged in. Did not have volt meter with me so just hand cranked the beast in. Got home and air was 40* - could wash boat off. Have to figure out what is wrong with winch - hopefully just loose wire in the male or female plug.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Congratulations on getting out during this cold weather. The fish you showed is incredibly fat.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Glad you made it out yesterday. You would have been very uncomfortable today. When I crossed the bridge at 4:00pm it was, NOT flat!!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Very nice Skip. Always like reading your reports.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts