Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started blowin on the hoot owl call and got one to respond around 630. Had a half way decent idea of where he was so we snuck in on him and set up. Called him off the roost and right straight for me. 31 paces and he never flopped. Heard his first gobble at 630 andhis last just a split second before I pulled the trigger at 705. He was so fired up a tree fell in thedistance and he shock gobbled to it. Brought him to the truck dropped off my gun and bird and headed back out to get my pops one. Now I've only killed this one turkey, ever, but I can blow a mean call. It didnt take us long at all and I had another bird hot and ready. Got him to about 50yds. before another "hunter" walked in on us and spooked that bird. Oh well, would have been nice to double up, but I'll take one any day! My bird did not get weighed but had 3/4" spurs and 9 1/4" beard. Edit on the weight, at the end of the walk bringing him to the truck he weighed 647lbs. and not an ounce lighter. Great day, many laughs were had. Definately a hunt to remember!

Ben

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nothing like that first one.To bad your dad didn't get the other one.
You need to get one of those turkey vest.It's got pockets for all types of calls,padded back,padded flip down seat to sit on and a big game bag on the back that holds your bird.
Mine came in handy this AM.
Now let me get one more and I'll be ready for OI.I plan on the last weekend in April to go to Kitty Hawk.Hell,I may have my three by then.:clap:

"Sea-Ya",
Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts