Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Fish Bites seemed to get pretty good reviews last year. I came accross some Berkley Gulp Baits in saltwater bloodworm flavor. They even looked like bloodworms. Are these a new product? Any one know how they compare to Fishbites??

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I usually use fishbotes along with another bait like bloodworm fishbites on the hook after a squid strip. Seems to help alot. I saw the berkley peller crab the other day and bought some. Last night I had something that kept hitting them hard but missing the hook. Lots of times i would have a good string strike and then reel in half a fake crab. Obviously they have some appeal to fish but I havent caught anything on them yet. I may go see if I can find the berkley blood worms tomorow to see if I have better luck with them.

--John

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am a little biased but it seems to me the GULPs are better. They don't contain any plastic and are 100% degradable. They are wet with juices in the bag unlike the dry fishbites. I will be giving the bloodworm gulps my first try tonight for some river stripers. I'll post if I do anything. I have also heard the peelers work well for tog. There was a post on the Virginia board a while back about it. I have also been told that the shrimp gulps are very good for flounder but I haven't been able to try that out yet though. For the price of real bloodworms I am willing to give the gulps a shot. At least with the gulps I can keep them for another trip when I'm done.

As far as being new yes and no. I think the peelers are new for 2006 or maybe just the 2" and they expanded the sizes available for some of the others.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Big Cat,
the copper color is new, but the blue/grey peelers were around last year.
I tried both the shrimp and peelers at different times and didn't catch a thing.
However, I also fished with live bait, cut bait and anything else I could get my hands on a number of times and didn't catch a thing....
So I don't think it was just the Gulps.
I plan on trying them again this year.
Buy two packages and get a 5 back right now from Berkley. Makes it easier to try them and get them for half price.

nw

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
Where did you find the bloodworms, I can't even find them on berkley's site.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/home.cfm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw them in a Dicks Sporting Goods in Northern VA. They looked just like a bag of bloodworms.

http://www.fishusa.com/tackleshop/catalog_product.asp?ProductFamilyID=%7BF6A0E184%2DBB40%2D4C17%2D9175%2DFFEF9CD455DE%7D&i=4DCEB4DE8D7D4BFEA5D36E8184F225D7

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
I found some today, was looking for the real thing yesterday and couldn't find any.

I got Chartreuse and the standard red. If the breeze lays down may try them this evening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts