Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I'd brought it on board to get better pictures but perhaps if you zoom in. Like a toad married a snake. Toadfish like toothry mouth but long and slender. No back fin like a snake. Pulled off an oyster bed. Thanks!
Water Liquid Fluid Lake Fisherman
Water Lake Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Body of water Fisherman

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Kinda a neat fish aggressive fish. I catch them a lot trolling for Mac. Not big enough to trip a planer, but enough to foul a drone up until you feel like pulling it in to check it and see one gut less.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
995 Posts
Known by many names, Lizardfish, flounder bait or a dikfer.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Wish I'd brought it on board to get better pictures but perhaps if you zoom in. Like a toad married a snake. Toadfish like toothry mouth but long and slender. No back fin like a snake. Pulled off an oyster bed. Thanks!
View attachment 282698 View attachment 282699
Top fish lizard fish . Whats on the bottom hook looks like a blow fish or puffer . By the way caught this one at 8 miles an hour trolling. Caught 6 that day
Water Sky Fisherman Fish Outdoor recreation

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
995 Posts
They're an extremely aggressive predator. There's a red one we import from the South Pacific that retails for $60. Dunno how many people complain when their fish start disappearing.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
995 Posts
Thanks guys! I was thinking that but had no way to confirm. Bottom hook is holding a Spot. The lizard grabbed a drifted Fishbite mouth of Severn.
Should have cut it up for bait.

Reactions: SteveF

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bottom fishing has dropped off dramatically last couple of days. Miss Grace and I followed each other around this morning just trying to find life. If there are a lot of those lizards they might be making an impact? Of course the 10s of thousands of Spot taken for live lining doesn’t help. How about A 7” minimum for Spot? I’m sure you’ll love me for that idea!! Obviously I am an artificials only catch and release only guy. Not much left out there for us purists…

1 - 15 of 15 Posts