Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I would like to get a Fiberglass Mount of the Fish I caught Sat.[45 in./35lbs.].I want it to look as close to the original as possible.Have Pictures.But the ones I have been looking at on the Net,The Colors just don't even look close to a real Rockfish!They LOOK like a production run Mount to me.

Maybe the pictures on the net. don't do justice??Has anyone actually had one done or seen one that REALLY looks like a Rockfish? Thanks! [Mike]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
180 Posts
I used McGinnity Marine Art located at 19717 Five Forks Rd New Freedom, Pa 17349. Phone 717-993-2373 I think they do the best painting I've ever seen. Very pleased with there work.
Mother ducker

·
Registered
23 Posts
McGinnity is the absolute best in the business. I met him in a butcher shop when he brought a deer in. I got to talking to him and he gave me his card. I went to his shop and couldn't believe my eyes. Do you know how bright and stunningly beautiful a dolphin is when you first get it in the boat? Every one of his mounts are that way. I don't know how he does it, but they all look like they just came into the boat. He is amazing.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Mc Ginnity , is the way to go , They have been making Re-production mounts for the MCBA awards program for over 25 years, All species are true to life , Tour his shop , a true treat for the youngsters as well --geo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guys I would like to get a Fiberglass Mount of the Fish I caught Sat.[45 in./35lbs.].I want it to look as close to the original as possible.Have Pictures.But the ones I have been looking at on the Net,The Colors just don't even look close to a real Rockfish!They LOOK like a production run Mount to me.

Maybe the pictures on the net. don't do justice??Has anyone actually had one done or seen one that REALLY looks like a Rockfish? Thanks! [Mike]
My suggestion is Bruce Foster on Kent Island. He did a Rockfish mount for my brother that looks like it just came out of the water. His colors were right on! I had him do a Blue Marlin quarter mount that I am equally pround of. Check him out!
About the Artistry of Bruce C. Foster - Taxidermy in Maryland

Good luck ( I know what you mean about right colors, this is something you will be looking at for a long time and want to be proud of it. Call Bruce!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of a mount they had?? I know what you mean, I have seen some that look great and some that just look fake. I would be upset if I spent $500 and it looked like a factory production job.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used McGinnity Marine Art located at 19717 Five Forks Rd New Freedom, Pa 17349. Phone 717-993-2373 I think they do the best painting I've ever seen. Very pleased with there work.
Mother ducker
I agree with all of the McGinnity recommendations. I have a White Marlin and a Tarpon mount from George and everything they do is top notch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't want to take anything away from the work that McGinnity does (I'm not familiar), all I'm doing is providing an option, who is located in Kent Island. Take the time to make an appointment with Bruce Foster and see first hand what he can do. He works solely by himself and is considered to be an artist when it comes to finishes on a fish. The lifelike colors he pulls from a rockfish I'd never noticed until I saw his work first hand. Just my personal opinion. Visit the link below:

About the Artistry of Bruce C. Foster - Taxidermy in Maryland

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I was impressed with the mounts that are offered through AllTackle. Don't know who does them, but I thought they were damn realistic.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My vote is for George also. He has more molds than anyone that I know! All you need is the measurements and George will do the rest! If have some time to kill visit him, he has got alot of war stories.LOL I know I have hunted and fish with him. LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Mike I know a guy in Philly (upper darby) that creats works of art. Beautifull mounts that look like they just came out of the water!

He gets the purply haze color just right and has some great shape molds..

I have his card somewhere, but sounds like you have some good leads already! Put the lure you caught her on in the mouth!:thumbup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Would someone post a picture of an actual mount that they have on their wall?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike I know a guy in Philly (upper darby) that creats works of art. Beautifull mounts that look like they just came out of the water!

He gets the purply haze color just right and has some great shape molds..

I have his card somewhere, but sounds like you have some good leads already! Put the lure you caught her on in the mouth!:thumbup:
Mike,Give me a name and #,Bud.

G.S.232.I will look Him up.fairly local to me.

Guys,I want to actually SEE a mount before I commit.Its alot of money for me and its GOTTA be the way I want it.Thanks Guys!!!Sounds like McGinnity gets ALOT of Biz and reccomendations!Will check out B.Foster also.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Mike - Glad you are getting it mounted. I know he was joking but if if you wait for the 50 ...that day will never come. Unless you also think you will hit the lottery. My personal best rock is 45 1/4. My wife won't let me get anything mounted. I'm whipped. Do it! Jim

1 - 20 of 37 Posts