Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a decision late in the afternoon to see if I could live line a couple fish. Launched about 5:30 from Sandy Point and headed toward Hacketts to catch spot. Spent about an hour and a half there and only picked up two 9" spot and a ton of perch. It was about 7:15 now and figured I might as well see if I can get a rock. Headed to Love Point area and found a huge group of fish on my second drift in 27ft of water. Fish were so thick my machine wasn't marking the bottom. Both my spot got hit but only hooked one fish which turn it to be 31". By the time I had that one in the box, my last spot gets hit again and is 27". Good one man limit and end to the night.
Is anyone having better luck catching spot somewhere? Definitely a lot of rock to be had.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Great report

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spot

Were you north of LV PT? I had no luck there yesterday and I have been getting good rocks recently. As far as spot I went into the Chester and only got perch.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Fished what sounds like the same area early afternoon Saturday after hours of spot hunting and perch catching. They were thick much of the time on my meter too - most in the top third of about 28 ft. Only hookup I got was on the one spot I had to bait up & lost him at the boat. Tried to jig'em with plastic, metal, even a top water plug but they but weren't interested. Glad to hear you had better luck rockondgh.

(Mike) lubbernomo
Bluewater 2350 out of the South RIver

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any luck LLing with white perch? I tried it years ago and was successful in upper bay. Just don't hear much about anybody trying anymore. I know its nearly impossible in the lower bay. I tried it every day, when we were commercial H&L a few years ago at Solomons. The fish were thicker than you could imagine and couldn't even get a hit, even when it was the fishing was on fire, catching up to 7 stripers with the same spot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gerald, did not jig on them this trip but did a few weeks ago and was successful with fish to 33".
Thanks lubbernomo, hopefully the spot fishing will pick up.
huntNphish, I did LL perch for about 20 minutes after I caught my two fish just to see if they'd get hit. No luck....

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I tried eeling yesterday with no luck. I marked enough big stripers to get bit. I've caught plenty of big stripers before in july and and august on eels?There was one charter boat where I wanted to fish so I gave him his space .I think he was using spot. I was a little too far away to see for sure. He was slowly but surely picking away at some nice fish for his party.I didn't want to spend a lot of time trying to catch spot. Next time I'll pick up some bloods and try to catch a few. You have to hunt for them, but there are bigger fish around , I'll be back with spot next time. I even tried jigs and peeler without a sniff. That's fishing. I saw maybe a total of 10 fishing boats on my milk run from Hodges bar, Swan point ,Love point, Hickory thicket ,Dumping grounds, BB, Sandy point light, Baltimore light, Podicory point and back to the Patapsco.I guess you need spot some days? I'll be back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts