Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived around 7:30am and left with the word of boomers heading down the river. 3 nice flounder, and lost a real nice one at the boat. Easily 26"+ due to the way he was laying in the net. 3 kept went 19,19, 24. Some good size croaker too. Good luck to anyone fishing the derby. Will be there putting one on saturday night[grin].

pepsi man

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks for the report Pepsi man - I went there last Saturday and battled the three footers with nothing but some croaker on steroids to show for the day. The drift never really got right for us and the wind and waves were fighting each other. Giving it another try this weekend with the last minute cancelled side of my crew from last weekend. I am also bringing my buddy that is my good luck charm in rock season. We will see what kind of day we get, we'll be on 68 and hope to have bent rods by 7:30.

Were they deep or shallow - we picked them up in 42' weekend before last and I tried all depths last weekend. Was the water clear? Did they prefer any particualr bait - they liked the fresh cut croaker on a blue teaser weekend before last.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin]

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Dave,

Don't forget your blue flounder rigs. By the way dark green has been working well the last several weeks!!!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
All I carry is the blue Kevin! Blue was hot two weeks ago at the Cell and five weeks ago at York River bridge, may be time to try the pink or chartreuse this weekend. I'll try you on 68 if we run to the bridge, are you going to ss 12 to get Sandy's favorite.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of our flounder were caught on white w/ squid/bull minnow. We fished in 40-43' all day long. Started the drift at the wt12 buoy and drifted til we hit 48'. Marked MOB on GPS and ran the same line all day long. Was perfect for drifting yesterday, at about .8 .

Good luck to all this weekend. I am hooked on week day fishing since work calls on saturday&sunday. Were only bout 20 boats flounder fishing yesterday.

pepsi man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts