Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would try this again. Fished Crane today and had the whole place to myself which was cool. Doing recon as much as fishing. For those that don't know, Crane is attached to Chuckatuck Creek which makes it brackish and definitely tidal. Pretty cool lake, fairly deep with a few nice coves and for sure more salt than fresh, fair numbers of blue crabs and lots of fiddlers, didn't see any bass/bluegill etc... Saw something fairly large busting the surface right near the Chuckatuck input but no bites and no fish after trying numerous lures and plastics for 4 hours or so, regardless a beautiful day on new water for me so I consider it time well spent. Stopped at Bennett's Creek Market on the way home and picked up some crabs and beers so steamed up my first blue crabs of the season and am chowing on those and having a couple brews so all in all, a pretty good day. Thinking I'll hit Rudee this week and probably another Suffolk lake (freshwater) later in the week with my brother. Hope all is well with everyone and I'll post reports and pics as applicable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts