Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A beautiful day on the water today--the weatherman could not have been more wrong about the winds. Unfortunately, the stripers were somewhere else today. Very few people were out, and, it appears that no one found the fish this morning. That is to say that the radio chatter was practically nil and those that were on seemed to be having the same luck we had today.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Glad You Got Out!

Sure beats driving my desk in Richmond VA. :D:D:D

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association, Virginia
Stripers Forever

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Thanks for the report. I wanted to go but as usual I got a Honey Doo list instead. It wont be long with the cold nights ahead, the cows will be rollin in soon. Martin

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
the flag is still laying flat against the pole as I stare out the window of the tackle shop here..........many boats came and went today...........not sure where/how you fished but I have saw several dozen boats all with fish in the last 6 hours.......

EDIT>>> schoolies , not big fish

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
We didn't go out until 10am as I figured the tide might be doing something by then....
tried wire lining near the 1st small boat channel and didn't mark any bait so we headed
to the first to wire line the tube...that was the ticket....we had a limit plus....nice fish
between 24-28inches..... The people casting the same area didn't seem to be doing
anything, only the boats wire line the tube....
Did hear from a friend who did real well casting around the third, right at the curve
is we picked them up the last few times out but didn't travel that far today...

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
we had a blast wirelining..... caught all you could stand 'til your arms hurt....... 20oz seemed to be the ticket, just jigging up and down and didn't move the boat much at all. Some slot fish and a few over........ they'll get thick by weeks end.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've been doing it for years and have always enjoyed it alot....I'm usually running
the boat and the guys catching the fish are happy...

Why would you think it isn't any fun???????????

·
Registered
422 Posts
Catching 24 -28 inchers on my wireline rods is lots of fun. You do have the big sinker, but its still a pretty good fight. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wire lining catches fish, no doubt about it but you have to like it! I gave it up a few years ago, except for open water fishing. I would rather fish the stripers on light tackle anytime. I have caught 39+ in. fish using light tackle as often, or more often, as with wire. Today, we were targeting schoolies around Bluefish Rock; they just were not there today. Plan on giving the floating of live eels a try next week--again using light tackle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts