Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to test out the new sending unit I have been working on the past year but to do this, I needed to burn some gas. We all get creative when it comes to telling the wife I have to go fishing today.

Headed out of Rudee with two business partners. It was truely a meeting on the water. We took a left turn and there in front of the Radison were all the birds I ever wanted to see hitting the water. We ran to them just to have them very quickly move off to another and then another spot. Hitting bait hard and fast. Couldn't get a bite. The two passengers had to head back to the real life since our meeting was over so back to the docks empty handed after an hour of discussing and chasing birds.

My regular partner was working and no one at the dock to Ho with me, I took my first solo ocean trip. Leaving, everyone was saying head south. So this time, I figured I would run to the line and at least give NC the finger. The only activity on the way were birds working behind the nets of commercial guys. Further on I went, until the GPS said I was almost at the line. Finally I saw the hive forming right on it. Ran to them just to have the same effect as in front of the Radison.

A quick check of the new sending unit to see how accurate it was reading and it was right on so something was working. Then the trouble started. Alone, in the ocean, single engine and it starts to misfire. I was low on oil but still had some in the tank. Filled it up and still had problems. Kept the RPMS down and slowly made my way back trying diving birds when I could. Same result. Nothing.

Made it home and boat back in the shop to look at the power packs. Just glad I made it back but would have been nice to have a fat slob for the effort.

first time the wife didn't complain I went fishing during a work day. I still took orders via cell phone, held an important morning meeting and made my mailing deadline for UPS in the afternoon.

Hope others enjoyed the day. I quit my regular job a month and four days ago and I'm just enjoying the peace of working for myself and setting my own hours.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I dream of a work day like that...except with a few slobs included. I'm slowly setting myself up to do so, I've got the cell phone that does everything...now i just need that peson to cover in the office as it is a little hard to make tat afteroon UPS pick up in my Richmond office. Cool story though...thanks for th report.

·
Registered
267 Posts
How do I go about fishing alone during the work week? Something about calling UPS a couple of times during the day and carrying a cell phone? What's up? I want to learn.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Sounds as if you may have an ethenol gas problem. Dump a couple of bottles of gas treatment into your gas tank--should solve the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
went yesterday also saw the same thing with the birds thousnds being sucked into a funnel but could never quite get there or pick up anything moved so fast from one spot to the next i thought blues at first but then noticed but just one type of bird sea gull???? then I thought tuna???? have caught blue fin that close to shore in hatteras any ideas ???? also went to line and struck out first time this year but love these type of feb days perfect but no fish

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not an ethynol problem. The engine runs fine under 3500 rpm. It's something to do with the slow running mode of the engine with the oil is low or the power packs start to go bad. I'll let you know when I get the report from the mechanic today. Could even be air in the oil line since I was being a bonehead and let it run too low before filling it up.

I sell small plastic parts via the web so all I have to do is take calls and mail parts most of the time. The meeting involved creating a new sending unit that will tell you how much fuel you REALLY have in your tank and also sense water in the bottom BEFORE it gets to your engine. If you have water, you will probably know it before you leave the docks. Still working on this. I'll ask for a few volunteers when it's finally ready. Still working on a small issue I discovered yesterday on my run.

Good to see you got off Wayne!!! Sounds like something I would say. (I know your J/K.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes in deed, saw you out there near the nets at False Cape, or at the yellow can of Sandbridge. Didn't want to interupp your sales presentation, could tell you were in a very important board meeting.
My crew and I carried on our sales demontration until 5:45pm and ended up near the line, but couldn't convince our striped clients to bite on any of our proposed packages. However as we left the office, the whole trip was worth it to see one of the most magnificent sunsets over False Cape on the way back to the warehouse.
ChrisR
"the season never ends"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts