Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
PP-

The article is not about me. It is about the New Judge 27' Chesapeake. The Fisherman Magazine is starting a new series about local boat builders. Judge Yachts is the first article.

I had a great day with Matt Boomer and CD Dollar of the magazine. We ran the boat around for awhile then we headed to Eastern Bay for some jigging. We had a great day. We caught a bunch of blues, some Rock and Matt jigged up a Spanish Mac!

Here are some of the boat stats:

250hp Suzuki

3 adults on board with gear
1 cooler for beverages
110 Gallons of gas (Full Tank)

Top Speed: 45mph
Cruised: 27mph at 3800rpm burning 9 gallons/hour
2.8-3.1mpg

Sykesville
Rhode River

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Any of you two Judge Salesmen have a link to that article? I'd like to read it just so my dream doesnt die just yet...Jim, thanks again for Sunday!
Mark

·
Registered
160 Posts
B-

The Fisherman does not have a website, believe that! You can buy the magazine at any tackle shop or Boaters World for $2.00.

We are not sales people, we are just spreading the good word so other boaters and fisherman can enjoy the awesome boats that Judge produces. Once you get your 27' Chesapeake you will feel the same way. This is my 9th season of running a Judge!

Sykesville
Rhode River

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
It is a cool article. Congrats Jeff. Judge was handing out issues of the magazine at the boat show. Call over to the shop and ask Elaine if she has any more and to send you one.

Jeff, You are faster than me with the 225 Honda but I think I have you on economy!

Here were some fuel burn numbers according to my Northstar 210. I had my family of 5 on board plus my parents. Regular boat gear (no fishing gear) and 3/4 fuel on calm seas. We were running with the motor right about level trim and the ql tabs at the two hits down. (1.5 bar on the indicator lamps) The prop is a Powertech 15.25x15 4 blade performance prop and the honda gear ratio is 1.86:1

3800 - 24-25mph - ~7.6gph
4000 - 25-26mph - ~8.0gph
4200 - 27-28mph - ~8.6gph

On a short burst to WOT she hits over 38mpg in the protected Magothy river with just my son and me with nearly full fuel. in a 1-2' chop with a light tailwind running from Annapolis to the Bay Bridge we were running at 4200rpms and she was burning ~8.6gph running clearly over 26mph. This boat easily gets over 3mpg at cruise in calmer seas. These numbers are better at cruise than I had with the 225OptiMax on a 25 May-craft. The more I run the Honda the more impressed I am with her.

I challenge anyone to find a more fuel efficient outboard powered boat of this size!

:yes:

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I would love to be a salesman for Judge. I certainly would have asked for an employee discount. However I don't think the boating industry could support my boating habit in the current market.

I do think the Judge owners have a bit of their own "family" around here. Most tend to get to know each other and share pride in their locally-made, fine-piece of craftmanship. Kinda like how the Grady and Parker guys feel about TriState - just that our relationship is directly with the people who built our boats :yes:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Well I can only hope to join your family soon. Just not sure if it is in the cards for me now...I"m trying though!!!
Well... what makes you so sure that they want you in their family?? How do they know that youre not a crazy glue sniffer? Build model airplanes says Mark!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts