Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying a new fish finder over the winter for the boat. I was just wondering what you guys use or suggest. I was looking into getting the fish finder and gps combo since it would be nice to have just one screen. If I had a limit, I would put it at $800 but could go higher if something is worth the extra money. Look forward to y'all's input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Having bought and sold several boats in last 10 yrs- I have bought several of the newer designed ones . among these have been Hummingbird 798 si and di, Lowrance elite 7 (DI) and Garmin 940 (di and si).
All makes have worked well and helped me a lot on the water. I liked them all! I can tell you that Garmin has the most user friendly interface.
I have not had to get out book on my Garmin--- yet.

Down and side imaging are great help! ( each make has different name for "view")

·
Registered
702 Posts
I got the Elite 5 with Chirp this past winter. You could go with the 7 for your budget. Seems like a slight complex unit but clarity and color are incredible.

I am highly satisfied with my choice and would recommend it. There was also recently a similar post on the MD board you could look into for more feedback.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My only suggestion would be to get as big of a screen as possible. My 5 inch screen gets too small to read when bouncing around in the Bay. I have a Lorence next gen. Love it just wish I spent the money for the next biggest screen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts