Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boat: Fishin Fool
Crew: Lucian (Myself), Freddy, Danny & Alex the Birthday Boy.

We decided to try floundering today, the seas were not too bad, we made our way at 43 mph, eatin up the morning chop. Stopped at the designated stop and wet our lines.

The water temp was around 52 F, seas were calming and the tide was outgoing.

We managed a nice catch of keeper flounder, then the tide slowed, the winds changed direction and calmed. We struggled from that point, but managed to add to our catch.

The bait of choice was flounder strips, I did manage a nice flattie jigging a custom bucktail.

As the day came to a close the winds changed direction again and picked up. It was a nice day to be on the water.

It was good to see Louis on the Hooked Up and his crew as well as Dr. Ike on Shelby Kat II and Derrick, who will be headed to Iraq in 2 weeks.

Final Talley:
11 Keeper Flounder

Here are a few Pics:

Yours Truly - Fishin Fool - Lucian

Live Well

Final Count - Crew

Hooked Up - Crew

Hooked Up - Showing Off A Fish

Alex - Birthday Boy - Happy Birthday Alex

Fred - NOT SEASICK - Thanks You PATCH

Lt. Dan - Ball of ENERGY

What A Fun Day With A Great Crew!!!

:fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2: :boat: :fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Lucian AWESOME pics and :bigfish: :rockingreport: :clap: :clap:

You guys are going to make me head down there and say to he11 with Md's trophy season!!!

1 fish per person per day versus 5 of those beauties??? I'll take flatties in the fryer or stripers ANY DAY!!!

Thanks for the report.

P.S., my wife is all for the flatties too !!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Purdy work fellas! Those are some nice pics. Looks like it wasn't too crowded up there from the pics. And it didn't get that calm on my end!:eek2:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice catch

Lucian & Crew WTG on the Flounder catch.
I saw You & Ike out there but not Louis. He may have gone in by the time we got out there,not sure.

We caught a lot of Flounder but not all keepers the 5 we did get to keep were Big & Fat though.:clapping2:
Regards

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Great day Lucian.

Once we got our liberty passes, we managed one keeper, 23.5", on SWEDE out of Cove. Dan is still breaking in his new Suzuki DF250 which took us to the 3rd in no time!

When we moved in closer to the span, we caught 3 more smaller ones that are still growing for later this season &/or next year.

Catch 'em up.
Evan.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lucian AWESOME pics and :bigfish: :rockingreport: :clap: :clap:

You guys are going to make me head down there and say to he11 with Md's trophy season!!!

1 fish per person per day versus 5 of those beauties??? I'll take flatties in the fryer or stripers ANY DAY!!!

Thanks for the report.

P.S., my wife is all for the flatties too !!!
Come on down, my wife likes catching those flat things too.

Just wait until after this blow goes away, it's downright ugly outside..

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lucian... just wanted to send a thank you from my friend and employer Brian who was fishing next to you in the yellow regulator.. , after you threw them those flounder strips they managed 5 keepers, one being 24"
West:
No problem, I know what it's like not having the best bait to get the first one and was glad to share what I had.

Pretty work on the flatties, they were a little harder to come by, but still nice quality.

Brian sure has a PRETTY REGULATOR. They are awesome boats and I am sure he is happy.

If you guys ever see me on the water, feel free to give me a call on the VHF.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.