Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at least PARTIAL PAYBACK.

Boat: Fishin Fool
31' Contender FA

Crew:
Lucian aka Fishin Fool
Bill aka San Antonio Fish Slayer
Ken aka Oops, He Got Off

These are the fellas that took me on my Alaskan Dream Adventure in August. Here is that post: http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/virginia-angler/242070-fishin-fools-alaskan-dream-adventure.html

Bill & Ken came up to have their annual adventure on the water looking for stripers. This year I decided it was time to look for a little QUALITY instead of QUANTITY.

Day 1: I managed to get them out in spite of increasing winds, and trolled the bridge with Fletcher of Reel Time helping us out in the pit (I Owe Ya Fletcher.. Thanks Again). I had decided to stay close and save the eels until day two. We managed 6 schoolies up to 24".

Day 2: Saturday Dec. 6th, it was a beautiful morning and a nice ride across the bay, just Bill, Ken & I. Upon arrival with a Gaggle of boats, I started putting out a small spread of 4 lines at various depths.

A little while later we had our 1st run, it was a NICE FISH, Ken was at the rod and after a 5 minute fight the hook pulled, arghhh.

A few sharks later and we hooked another fish, Bill is at the rod and it's a battle. The fish comes along side and I get her in the net and boat her 48", 43.2 lbs., Bill's 1st Paper Ever. Pretty Work Bill!!!

Ken is back up and hooks 2 more, both pull the hook after brief battles, it happens. Time goes on and we're getting down to the last drift, I see a fish take one of the lines, feed her, SET HER A$$ and hand the rod off to Ken, this time she comes along side and in the net a nice little 43" fish.

It was good to see a few familiar faces today on the water, some I haven't seen in a long time, as well as talk to some on the VHF.

Final Talley:
2 for 5
1 - 43" 30 lbs.
1 - 48" 43.2 lbs. Citation

Another Great Adventure with Good Friends.

Bill with his PIG

Ken and his Little Boy

Smiles

:fishing2::thumbup::fishing2:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Good stuff Lucian.:clap:

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice job Lucian. I think you still have a long way to go to pay Bill back. :D

I saw you guys out there, we only managed 2 for the day, a 42 and a 38 before leaving early for a Christmas party.
Thanks
Yep it'll be while before I get EVEN!!! But, I'll try....:D

They have been fishing with me for about 7+ years now and we've always had a great time and managed some nice catches. We're talking Hatteras possibly next year in the Blue. That'll be a BLAST..

Pretty work on your catch... You can't always get the MONSTERS, but it's fun to try...

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
fine job lucian, better than most.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice job putting your friends on a couple PIGS Lucian!!! Good to see the biguns starting to show and you and your boat catching them!!!

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Great Job,Lucian!!You know what they say...."What goes around, comes around".:thumbup:Not bringin' my Boat down this year.Going to TRY and come down as a Ho though.[Mike]

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great Job,Lucian!!You know what they say...."What goes around, comes around".:thumbup:Not bringin' my Boat down this year.Going to TRY and come down as a Ho though.[Mike]
Mike:
You have my number... Just call me.... I'll be fishing a tournament this weekend, after that I have a few available days...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts