Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Great Job Ashley:thumbup:

Let me start with make sure the drag on your rod is set where you want it before you head out to catch fish. Tonight my 4 year old daughter Ashley graced me with her presence and couldnt have made me happier. We named each piece of bait and asked it to go get its big cousin for show and tell on the boat. Casted a rattle trap chrome/blue back, for this evening. Couple casts in and WHAM nice strike and a wif no fish. Couple casts later wham zing splash pull no fish. Then I remembered buddy O'mine talked me into loosening my drag aagggg. Ok so adjusted my drag properly ( dont know why I didnt get it on the first wiff) it took a while but yes hooked up and watched Ashley boat her first striper :clap: It was a little 13 but hey it was a striper. Nothing on the baitfish but we did see some action. Tight Lines Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
:thumbup: I know the feeling when young kids catch their first striper. It's a special moment and great experience! Congrats to Ashley!! WTG!!:clap:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Fantastic.

Having two girls (10 &7) I know just how wonderful this is. I'm always surprised how much they like to fish, once I can convince the to go out.

Last time we went out, after 4 hours, and me ready for lunch all they kept saying was one more cast, dad.

Reel quality time!

·
1,672 Posts
Yo dad no photos.
We're lucky Buzz remembers how to get on this site and you want him to post pics:D:D

:thumbup:Great Job Ashley:thumbup:
:rockingreport:
:rockon:
Hope to see you out there!!

I still treasure every time my kids go out with me no matter how many times they have been out there and nothing better then seeing kids catch fish, especially there first striper!
Treasure it Michael as I know you do!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
WTG Ashley :clap: :bigfish:...like Mike said enjoy the times you have with them...Brad (my youngest) just turned 9 on Wed....seems like yesterday I was changing his diapers.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Nice job Mike.. Glad she got her first fish.. I always used to fish with my drag a little loose, I guess from the days with mono, I didn't want it to break. But now with braid, I do go tighter...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts