Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing Report 12/27-28, and 12/30

I got frustrated with few fish out of Reedville between Smith Pt and the upper cut so I trailered down to Lynn Haven with friends, fished all day in the heavy fog but no wind. Found bait and fish and loaded up, had a blast. Caught em with multiple hookups all on tandems just off off of the pound nets on 30-40 ft. Had a few double hook-ups. I only fish tandems, its easier, less mess. No stretchs or unbrella's. Tangles using braid on stretch's really make a mess. Also this way I can troll 8-10 lines, more chance to catch em.

There were more boats than I have ever seen at one time, we never have that kind of crowd up the bay in NNK. This is the second time ever that I did this and it was the best fishing I have done all year. Fished the next morning 12/28 and left early as the wind really picked up, had 2 nice fish and went home.

But as I was leaving got a report that gill netters had loaded up off of Reedville, catching some of those Md fish coming down the bay. One friend had 5 nice fish on 12/26 at Smith Pt.

One other thing, I have never heard so much talking on 68 as there is in the lower bay... rude people, cussing, lines cut off, near collisions, threatening fights at the dock...wow. We in the NNK are not like that at all. Plus I have never seen such a mixture of boats, there was even a guy on a jet ski trolling 2 rods.

I was so excited that fishing was so great I trailered back on monday, wanted more. But fishing was hard. I finally found some fish out at the CBJ bouy but had to work bait over and over, again hundreds of boats every where.

All in all a fair year but I spent more time fishing than last year for less numbers of fish. I put 161 hrs on the boat since Oct. I hope all of you have a good winter, I'll be back opening day

·
Registered
207 Posts
The boat currently spends the year in Broad Creek but the last six weeks of this rockfish season were such a disappointment I'm thinking seriously about finding a 2-month slip rental at Lynnhaven or Rudee next Nov/Dec. I'll concede that when it comes to rockfish I'm one of the 90% that catch 10% of the fish but it shouldn't be THIS hard...the school fish in Fleets Bay were easy but once that died down fish were few and far between for us. It's been an outstanding season from the JRB to the CBBT and that doesn't seem to change year to year. Those guys aren't dependent upon MD fish coming down and Omega isn't such an issue there... we'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.