Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since it's Winter, I just wanted to share that I visited the MillerCoors Brewery in Golden, Colorado this week. What an awesome town. Miller now owns Coors.

One of the locals gave me a great list of trout streams in the area, so next trip will include a fly-rod. I'll share the list in a follow-up post.

The brewery was amazing, produces 1.5 million gallons DAILY, spreads out for 5 miles, the tour was free and included 3 beers of your choice from a wide selection to include several they are test-marketing. They produce Blue Moon and Killians, even had a Winter Blue Moon dark that I tried.

http://www.millercoors.com/AgeVerification.aspx - punch in your birthday, next link is beers produced via Miller Coors and owned by them- red bar has them by category- you may be surprised

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
My daughter has been going to grad school in Denver for 3 years. When we visit I like going on that tour and down to the Garden of the Gods park.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brother-in-law got his undergrad and masters from U Colorado so I had to visit Boulder again and wow had it grown since previous visit but still a beautiful town. We didn't have time to get back into the mountains but will do that next time as well.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I have worked on several projects for the past 5 years with faculty at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden. I did make the Coors brewery tour on one of the trips. I actually enjoy more visiting the second largest brewery in Golden (the Golden Brewing company) a small company located on a residential street near the university campus. The sell several of their own microbrews. You can sit in their outdoor beer garden and sample tasty grain-based beverages. Be careful though -- the high altitude (approaching 6,000 ft) reduces alcohol tolerance.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know John. The pubs and bars in Golden advertised pints of Coors 7 days a week for $1.25 to $1.50.
I guess they save on transportation fees. Do you recommend the mine tours? It was interesting to learn that Golden was where miners came to purchase mining equipment and supplies.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Good to know John. The pubs and bars in Golden advertised pints of Coors 7 days a week for $1.25 to $1.50.
I guess they save on transportation fees. Do you recommend the mine tours? It was interesting to learn that Golden was where miners came to purchase mining equipment and supplies.
Jim -

I never tried the mine tours.

Coors makes a special variety of beer that is only sold in a limited number of Golden bars and restaurants. It comes in a fancy shaped glass. It costs more than the cheap pints you mention, but is much more like a German beer in flavor. If you get back, try one of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.