Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like most TF'ers did well yesterday. We didn't waste the great weather either. We got to Buzz's after 9 am so we could miss the ramp backup. Turns out that was propably a mistake. We got our lines in around 10:00 and picked up a nice 40 incher. Tide slacked at 10:30 and we rode around and ate an early lunch so we would be ready for the tide change. Saw less bait then I expected. When we got close to buoy 72 we found the bait we were looking for. Passed through and picked up a nice 41. Had the area all to ourselves so we did as quick a circle as possible with planners and while setting the rod back out we had a hit on the same rod as soon as it got back in the holder. A nice 42 hit the deck to give us our "over" limit. We made one last pass and picked up another fish for catch and release. Since we had our limit, we put out the call to other TF'ers that this area was smokin hot.
We had been in touch with "Ida Mae" (Charlie) and "Sykesville" (Jeff) in the morning and Jeff was close enough to troll in our direction. We hung around so I could get an eyeball on that new Judge 27 Chesapeake in the water. What a great looking boat!!! Seeing them on land or in pictures just doesn't do them justice. It was nice to have Charlie to the north and Jeff to the south scouting for us.
While I'm at it, I have to put in a plug for Buzz's (Christy and Mike). Not only do they do a great job running the Marina, but I had a new guy fishing with me and he said later, "They talked to me like I had been here a hundred times." That's the beauty of Mike and Christy, they know no strangers. Everyone is like family.
Sorry; I have pictures but my wife is the one who posts them and she's at work. Glad everyone seemed to put some fish in the box today. Don't waste these days. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hoping to get down that way this week. glad you had a good day, I'm w/you Marty, you gotta get out there while you have the chance/weather or time off. Seems like you have forever then the end comes way too soon

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
good talking to ya marty, one thing you had going for you .....the "zoo" left the area by the time yall got there, pretty work though on the forty's....i kinda struggled 4 for 6, not to bad but i never did mark bait.....caught my fish but i geuss im greedy:D:Dalways looking for those 17 fish days....once them boys up at solomans are done with em theyll be down our way.......then its on:yes:I'll try to give ya a report when i can ......happy thanksgiving:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charlie; keep them reports coming. I didn't mark as much bait or see as many birds as we did on Thursday in all that wind and waves. Go figure. That new line worked well for us yesterday (ha ha).
I sent Mike a new idea on how to get rid of all the fish carcass from the marina. I proposed we buy a used "wood chipper" and charge 50 cents per fish. Can't you see a bunch of guys (with beer in hand) standing around the chipper cheering as each carcass is thrown into it?
See you on the water, 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
yeah yelling ...."CARCASS......CARCASS......CHUG CHUG CHUG:roflguy::roflguy::roflguy:GOOD IDEA I know id be saving my quarters:thumbup:i'm hoping to give ya'll a turkey day fishing report, pending crew:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
bad thing about the chipper deal would be thats one more thing on mikes chore list to do before hes aloud to go fishing:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:dishes, vaccum, dust, cut grass, oh yeah and clean the chipper:D

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark; glad to see that you brought fish back with MartinM out of Solomon's. Looks like the bite is on!!! There were a lot of boats out there Sunday. Fishing during the week should get better.

The next time we are all standing around Mike's dock, watching the guy's clean fish, let's start a chant; "chipper, chipper, chipper." Marty

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
I'd pay $5.00 to toss a few Cownose Rays in the "Fish O matic " :D.

·
Registered
160 Posts
5th Tuition-

Great fishing with you yesterday! I started my day at 72 and lost a big fish then got a Fat 38 incher! Then like always, I left fish to find fish! I trolled all they way to buoy 70 and caught ZERO.

Thanks to your great information I made my way back to your spot and boated an Awesome 41 incher that was 28 pounds! I caught it right where you told me to go! Thanks alot!

Thanks again for the tip! And thanks for the kind words about my boat!

Sykesville
27' Judge Chesapeake
Rhode River

1 - 12 of 12 Posts