Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be down on vacation Aug.13-20 and would like to do some floundering in the sound or around Oregon Inlet in my kayak. Can anyone tell me where I can launch or maybe some good places to try. My father will be joining me and he does'nt have much expereince in one, but I'd like to get him on some flatties or anything for that matter.

thanks,
DARREN

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey, ill be down at my house from the 10th to the 14th, with my center console and also my kayaks. Kinda short on time right now, I'll be glad to point u in the right direction. My dad is gonna be down too, kinda in the same situation...ttyl

·
Registered
328 Posts
kayacks huh.well just take a cast net and keep you some live baits.Your standard egg sinker with a 2 foot trailer hook and a live bait either drug slowly or drifted along the bottom.there are numerous sloughs and troffs around the oregon inlet fishing center that are only accesable by kayack.fish the edges of all these drop offs as the flounder will be hanging on them looking for a meal to come swimming by.you can put out right at the oi fishing center and catch all the bait you can use right there as well.trout and puppy drum will also be hanging around these troffs.even a 1 foot drop in depth will create the kind of edge you can catch fish on so fish every little drop off you find.on the left side of the fishing center there are numerous sloughs and also to the right side and all are excellent wading or kayacking type fishing.......look for rips or baitfish that trend down an edge and you should find what you are looking for....hope this helps..

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Richard, I'll give a report on my success when I return. Now if the hurricanes will just stay away. The last 2 times I've been down on vacation there was terrible weather.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
LABOUNTY is right.

Instead of just an egg sinker, try the CHROME BALL with hook attached. Just that little addition will give you more hookups.
Any decent tackle shop has them. HINT...HINT...HINT.. use another T'ZRE bait combo ona DROPPER LOOP 10 inches ABOVE the CHROME BALL. You catch more fish on the dropper loop.
If you have some time. go to my website and look up hte FLOUNDER/SUMMER FLOUNDER Button. In there I teach how to use this rig and how to make one.
If you need any more info,B-Mail me.
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts