Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had fellow tfer rob(sorry rob dont know your board name), al his father in law, and andrew his neighbor on board today. we met at solomons and heaaded to the fishing grounds. i think rob was a little worried when he saw the entire fleet headed south as we were not following. got out to the spot i wanted to fish and started setting lines at 630. 645 we had most of the board rods out when bam, fish on!! that fish was half way to the boat, when we heard that familar "pop" of the rubber band again, #2 on. both fish came to the boat and were in the upper 3o inch range. we didnt measure any fish except for one because the guys wanted this to be a catch and release trip. any way, got those 2 back in and made circle while setting the rest of the 21 rod spread. ten minutes later, bam #3 on. rob brought in a nice mid 30 incher. made another turn and had another double hook up. this action continued most of the morning with a fish at least every 15 minutes. finally at around 830 a planer snapped and the rod doubled over and started peeling drag:bigfish: al was on the fish and made quick work of the 46" 40lber. got a quick pic and sent her back to swim free. finally at around 10 the boys decided they had enough so we started pulling rods. i asked al to run the boat and see if he could catch one more for the road, well after about all the boat rods were cleared i saw one of my planer lines bouncing, fish on!! al left the helm and got to the rod. he really worked for that fish, he drove the boat, hooked it, then battled it to the boat for a quick photo and release. nice job today guys, the final count was 11 bites while landing 10. fished from 630 til 10. not a bad morning at all.

theres only about a month of fishing left, the fish are biting hard, dont miss out on the action. current prices are $425 for 4 people for an 8 hr trip leaving from solomons. come see how to fish 20+rods from a 25' boat. give me a call, lets go fishing.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Me Worried?, Never. I was in good hands today and my father in law had the time of his life. I wanted a take it easy day where I could fish with him and not have to worry about anything and Kyle was the best you could ask for. I also wanted to see just how a person fishes 22 lines off a 25 footer and I got to learn that as well. Anyway, if anyone wants to go, book Kyle. I have a feeling that he is going to tough to book in the future due to his fishing prowess (just like another well known guide from these parts).

Rob

Mojito

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Great post and awesome the party did a C/R trip :clapping2::clapping2:. Those are some very lucky fish :thumbup:.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Great fishing report.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did bring one fish to the dock that i planned on taking to my great aunt, but there were a few guys at the ramp that were dissappointed in their outing so i offered and they gladly took me up on it. nice group of guys that just had a hard day of fishing. besides, the freezer wont close as it is. good fishing again Rob, enjoyed the trip.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dream about stripers, i think i need a day away from it!! YEA RIGHT!!!!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
capt. kyle, no wonder you don't need a heater in that boat -- YOU'RE ON FIRE. :clapping2: keep up the good work.
nice talking with you wednesday. i didn't do a thing.

bil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts