Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I' am new to fishing this area I went yesterday no luck fished around the bridge.
any info would help. I just have a jon boat and small motor.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I haven't fished the inlet much but most of the prime fishing is seasonal. I've caught some nice spot and croaker in the narrows and I know that some nice speck's were caught last fall. You might be able to pick up some flatties in there now but I don't think the fishing in the inlet will pick up until the weather warms up a little more.

Bart
"Ugly Bay B"

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Last week Julie Ball reported the puppy drum were biting real well around the Great Neck Rd bridges. Most of the shallow oyster bars near channel edges will hold some drum as well. My favorite for pups is a 1/4 or 3/8oz red jig with a smoke colored gulp grub...if I'm casting. Cut bait or peeler crab fished on a fishfinder rig will work well also.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you have a jon boat you can launch at Crab Creek but I prefer Bubba's. Learn the area inside and away from the bridge and turning basin. Take a walk to the top of the bridge for an elavated view of the area of which I speak. Looking at this area from the bridge at low tide will be most helpful.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The last two years Michelle and I have been in a smaller boat,a V-20 Wellcraft. What started out as bait trips wound up being whole days fishing Lynnhaven and the waters "up inside" We had so much fun that we started staying inside on a regular basis. The fishing is very seasonal but you can catch anything in there you catch on the big bridge. The boat traffic can be a pain but theres so many little nooks and cranies in there its impossible to start listing them all. Several ramps to choose from and you can do a lot of exploring on foot as well. Dont limit yourself to the Lesner area. While theres fish there to be caught there, its more pleasurable in some other areas. The Broad Creek Bridge area is full of Spot, Croaker, Pups, Flounder and more. Pick a species and go hunting. Its in there.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hobart, if the flounder havent started yet, it wont be long. I plan on trying this weekend. You need to enable your private messeges option. I have some info that can help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts