Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help me. We are heading to the Myrtle beach area in July. I would like to take the kids offshore fishing. Does anyone have any experience or recommendation for a charter they have used?

Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
I spend a lot of time down there. You will probably have better luck running out of Murrell's Inlet which is about 20 miles south. The Crazy Sister marina has a pretty big fleet and run inshore / offshore / private / semi-private / and head boats. You can call and explain the type of trip you are looking for and they will recommend your best bet. I was there in August and fished on the "Sea Rake". It was just myself and my brother so they paired us up with 4 others to complete a 6 man offshore trip. We fished about 60 miles trolling for wahoo and dolphin. We then moved in a bit and bottom fished for snapper, grouper etc. Great trip. The Gulf Stream is a loooong run from SC and the trolling is really hit or miss. The Tuna just don't show up there like they used to. With kids a constant action bottom fishing trip might be the best bet. The head boats are cheap but crowded. give them a call and they will help you out 843-651-3676 and ask for Ally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts