Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about giving trolling a shot for the 1st time this fall around the Chesapeake Beach area on Nov 1. Has anyone else given this a try yet and what do you think the chances of any good size fish being in the area? Is the water temp still to warm?
Thanks guys for the info in advance.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
With this front coming thru and the full moon waning the commie blues should start moving out….I’ll probably begin trolling that area next weekend……from CB out to the 82 and environs.
See what kind of havoc the blues wreak with my rigs…..if it’s too much will wait a couple more weeks.
Last year started landing nice Rock right around Halloween.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I was out of Ches Beach on Monday. You will need some metal and/or hoses. There are plenty of Blues in the area. I caught 5 in less than 1 1/2 hours -no birds or breakers in the area. I just picked up a random one here and there. I had some bucktails out too trying to target rock, but they had short tails when I brought them in and no sign of rock. I stopped by Tylers and two charter captains were there. They said Rock are around, but hard to get them with all the blues. I like warmer weather and all, but like you I wouldn't mind if it got colder so we can catch some of the 30 plus inch rock like last year. I am thinking of leaving my boat in the slip until mid Dec hoping that I can get some again. You will catch fish trolling, but they will be mainly blues. I caught from 32 ft to 35 ft -didn't go more than a few miles out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have fished Breezy to Cove Pt with enthusiasm from 10/25 to 12/15 for the past 5 years. Last year there were some nice fish in the sector but it was one here and one there. This year I am moving my boat to PLO, as the guys that fished that area in the past have out fished me at a ratio of nearly 4 to 1.

South is my humble opinion!

Jerry

·
Registered
158 Posts
I trolled out of Breezy on Thursday I caught 10 Blues and 1 Rock Majority of the fish were caught in an hour time span when the tide started coming in right out front between bouy 80 and Breezy in 50 to 32 feet of water. The rock hit a spoonbrella with a crippled LY trailer. I hope to be out next weekend maybe with some bucktails this time.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
With this front coming thru and the full moon waning the commie blues should start moving out… ...Last year started landing nice Rock right around Halloween.
The spot will vamoose with the blues, but it will soon be time to bust out the plastic again!! :clapping2: :clap: :yes: :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts