Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the first trip for me out of ocmd. I feel comforfortable making it out about 30miles. Have a Grady white gulfstream with 2 Yamaha 150 2s carbs. I have outriggers but was not planning on bringing them because they are stuck open and don't collapse. I have gear up to penn 30's. Doesn't matter what type of fish I catch just wanna fish. Any help with tackle or places would be great!

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
If you are just after " action " - often 5-10 miles out will have a lot of 2-5 foot sharks. Put out a chum bucket and use the 30's with fresh cut baitfish like Menhaden or Bluefish. Every now then a big Tiger will crash the party and give you excitement.

You can often get Blues and False Albies - sometimes Bonito in same area. Use #2 or # 3 Clark spoons behind planers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Not trying to be a smart a&$, but if outriggers are seized in open position ,is the rest of the boat up to snuff to make a near shore or offshore trip? I have been fishing offshore for years and spend a lot more time plying the offshore canyons than I do on the channels of the Chesapeake. Anyone leaving a inlet for offshore waters should plan for the worst and hope for the best. If something as simple as collapsible outriggers are in need of maintenance or repair I would strongly suggest going over the ENTIRE vessel before even considering this trip. Again not trying to be a kill joy but outside the inlet is not the place for a vessel and its gear to be in need of maintenance. If it's going to happen, it will happen "out there"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts