Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Judy V. was able to get out on Wednesday and Friday.

Wednesday's trip- went tog fishing, averaging 3-4 per person.

Fridays trip was a bit slower due to a SW wind blowing us off the wreck. Average was 2 keepers per person. A few sea bass were caught. A few big porgies were caught one weighed in at 1 1/2lbs.
After a while we tried our hand at some striper fishing. Landed 3 keepers with at least 5 more lost.

Still have openings for Sunday's trip
302-226-2214.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Capt,

About 10 years ago when I was 14 a friend and I went on a seabass trip on your boat out of IR. The weather was terrible, and we didnt catch anything. Needless to say, we were totally bummed out! You must have been able to tell becuase you invited us out for free the next day and we took you up on it. Just wanted to say THANKS. You have no idea how much we appreciated that, and I still think about it to this day!!! Keep up the good work and making lasting impressions on young fishermen.

John

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Thanks for the report. When you striper fish, do you stay offshore or fish the inlet? Would you do a trip where you only striper fished this time of year?

How many people does your boat hold?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry we don't do striper trips this time of year, this time of year we primarily target the tog. If the tog bite is slow then we would try our hand the stripers. The thing about striper fishing is that you have to catch the tide just right and when you do a scheduled headboat you run into the problem of missing the tides. When we would try, we would fish outside of the inlet. We have run into problems trying to fish the inlet, due to the boat traffic at times.
Also, we are south of the mouth of the Delaware Bay (where stripers are at also) which makes it a little difficult if we started the day fishing south of our inlet. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.
But like I said we are targeting tautog right now.
If you like tog fishing look us up 302-226-2214 to make a reservation
Walk-ons welcome
Friday, Saturday and Sundays
7am-3pm
$75 per person

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We fish for tog anywhere from 8-15 miles off. With the water temps so low now we are having to run out a little further to find warmer water. We are fishing anywhere from 80'-120' of water. The water temps have been anywhere from 40-36 degrees as of late with all this cold weather we have been having.
If you are interested we are still fishing every week-end that the weather is fit. Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm $75 per person. Call 302-226-2214 to make a reservation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts